Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • stevil said:

it's the album that Head First wished it could have been 

What a pointless comparison. Both albums aim at completely different aesthetics and sounds.

Sounds like you have a career path into the diplomatic service G !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-30 15:09:01
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'm equally frustrated at my own Music Glue order. Emailed them yesterday and they said they're checking into it. Still haven't gotten back to me. How absolutely asinine to not send them out at least at the beginning of this week. 

Still, for my signed CD, I don't mind waiting.

As long as I damn well receive a digital download of the album. Not impressed.

Now wondering if I should cancel my signed Blondie Pollinator bundle that I ordered through these guys. 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-30 13:34:32
  • After listening to the album from start to finish 3 times (since last night) I have to say the track that stood out the most for me was Zodiac Black. I was absolutely floored by the sonic layering and production of that track. How simply it starts out and then blooms like a black flower swallowing everything in its path. Massively epic track. 
  • I'm waiting till tomorrow to make a review, as the leak I got doesn't seem to be of top quality, but i'm loving how ever song it's it's own.  They are all so fantastic, it's euphoric 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Was actually disappointed by Faux Suede Drifter, as I had hoped she would continue with the beautiful melody from the one minute snippet. But it's only done that one time. Instead, most of the track is distorted and echoed vocally in a way that really needs to grow on me. :(

So far, it's this album's "Ulla" for me.

Edit: Starting to love it...
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-30 17:10:29
  • Faux Suede Drifter is the best track from the album. Hands down. I'm completely in love. Have been listening to that one for hours!
  • Alright here's the updated spreadsheet, anticipating Philly & Brooklyn!
  • stevil said:

it's the album that Head First wished it could have been 

What a pointless comparison. Both albums aim at completely different aesthetics and sounds.

Oh, snap, @stevil! Hope you have enough for a tip 'cause you just got served.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-03-30 17:28:25
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I't 31st March and we're beginnig. Anymore for starters.
  • The album is now officially available, if you ordered digital download. There are WAV, FLAC and MP3 files.

As expected, the WAVs and FLACs are 24-bit.

'Become the one' sounds awesome! :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2017-03-31 07:39:11
  • I hope the vinyl digital download has WAV files.... Bring on tomorrow!
  • opinions are just that and it's no big deal
    i hear so much Vangelis-Blade Runner synthy sounds on this album 
    and i hear HUNT and BELIEVER among other HF tracks morphed into more perfect forms....

enjoy the album everyone 
  • I really want to know what the fuck she's singing about on Zodiac Black, hahaha. I can only make out the "omens in the water" part.
  • The album is now officially available, if you ordered digital download. There are WAV, FLAC and MP3 files.

As expected, the WAVs are 24-bit.

'Become the one' sounds awesome! :-)

Meaning that I bought the signed CD and the vinyl, but I have to wait up to 14 days to receive it here in Portugal, and no FLAC or WAV for me? Hmm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!