Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • opinions are just that and it's no big deal
    i hear so much Vangelis-Blade Runner synthy sounds on this album 
    and i hear HUNT and BELIEVER among other HF tracks morphed into more perfect forms....

enjoy the album everyone 
  • I really want to know what the fuck she's singing about on Zodiac Black, hahaha. I can only make out the "omens in the water" part.
  • The album is now officially available, if you ordered digital download. There are WAV, FLAC and MP3 files.

As expected, the WAVs are 24-bit.

'Become the one' sounds awesome! :-)

Meaning that I bought the signed CD and the vinyl, but I have to wait up to 14 days to receive it here in Portugal, and no FLAC or WAV for me? Hmm
  • This is a SCANDAL : I went to a famous store (Fnac) near home to get my copy, but they didn't receive it anywhere in Paris ! Can you believe it ?! Hopefully I can listen to it on Apple Music and I can say this album is a huge grower. First listen I was kinda lost because the evolution is huge IMO. New sounds, new voice. I think this album sounds so indie, it reminds me FM a lot for that non-commercial sound. Looking forward to seeing them in Paris.

Is there lyrics on the leaflet by the way ?

PS : fuck Fnac.
  • Check your music glue account - I was just going to complain that the CD
    hadn't arrived and there was no digital download but see at midday MP3s for
    the whole album available
  • I just checked the Music Glue download, they have everything available except for ' Everything is Never Enough'. Is this this same for everyone else?
  • Ryanoc91 said:

I just checked the Music Glue download, they have everything available except for ' Everything is Never Enough'. Is this this same for everyone else?

Yeah.  One track is missing.  

In regards to the CD's and Vinyl, did we all pay first class postage?  I can't recall.
  • Yes same for me - have complained to music glue!
  • It's all there now :)
  • Ryanoc91 said:

I just checked the Music Glue download, they have everything available except for ' Everything is Never Enough'. Is this this same for everyone else?

Yeah.  One track is missing.  

In regards to the CD's and Vinyl, did we all pay first class postage?  I can't recall.

Yes. They choose Royal Mail standard class at least for my order (I asked them yesterday).
  • Mp3 is better than nothing... But why not the FLAC/WAVs?
  • Still waiting for delivery from Music Glue for vinyl & cd,although they've emailed a link to a free download of Silver Eye.Wondering whether to wait for the post or download the...er...download??
  • Has anyone actually received the CD or vinyl from Music Glue yet?
  • Has anyone actually received the CD or vinyl from Music Glue yet?

By the looks of it I doubt it.
    The download on their website is incomplete so they cant even get the easy part of the release right.

Fuck it, I'm just going to run to my local shops and buy it again. I won't be able to unexpectedly wait weeks to get my physical copy.

Will be avoiding Music Glue in the future.
  • Do I listen to my download today and celebrate release day and hope my vinyl comes tomorrow morning or do I just keep waiting?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!