Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

Cold here too. We're not supposed to exceed 70F today. Though I've been defying Winter with shorts and t-shirts lately, I had to put on a coat last night for the drive to the cinema.

Oh, poor you and your 70F/it's cold ! It's barmy here for the time of year at a heady 10C today (48F) and we still have loons walking round in shorts. Particularly Postmen, who seem a stout polar breed at any time !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • iuventus said:

Cold here too. We're not supposed to exceed 70F today. Though I've been defying Winter with shorts and t-shirts lately, I had to put on a coat last night for the drive to the cinema.

Oh, poor you and your 70F/it's cold ! It's barmy here for the time of year at a heady 10C today (48F) and we still have loons walking round in shorts. Particularly Postmen, who seem a stout polar breed at any time !

It's about -10 here and about time!
  • Did you get alot of snow from the blizzard WW? Do you have a woodstove or fireplace in case of power outage? I remember icestorms up north, and the heavy ice would sometimes knock out powerlines. Ah, "when the world stops for snow"...gorgeous.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Naw, about an inch.  The best I can do is candles.  I keep thinking about a woodstove but, really, I'm in a town, so it's no big deal.  It's never off too long.  I used to be near a fire station which meant it was one of the first places (hospitals, then fire station and police departments, then schools), now I am right next to a school.  

Yah, that first snow of the winter when  everything becomes really quiet due to the snow suppressing sound is really magical.  My favorite, though, is when the wind is blowing and the snow sticks to the sides of everything.  When you look in one direction, it's all white and you look in the other and it's all great.  Also, really magical.
  • caro said:

Hahaha!  Wow!  You get around.  I guess anywhere in California is nice but I'm particularly fond of the northern part.  Carmel is one of my favorite quaint little towns.  If you happen to go there, don't miss the Hog's Breath Inn.
    Thanks! I hope I'll be able to visit some places while I'm here. Right now, I'm in the Sierra Foothills region. It's beautiful around here :)
  • Joined a gym and had first session with an instructor today. Walking machines, rowing machines etc Really enjoyed and can't wait for next visit.
  • A dusting of snow here in the U.K. And chaos ensues. Described quite aptly by Michael Macintyre.
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2017-01-12 16:28:44
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • A dusting of snow here in the U.K. And chaos ensues
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2017-01-12 16:29:38
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Going to lock myself up in a cupboard and never come out again. One more person hurts my feelings I'm going to scream =(( ~X(
  • Hells
    :x :-*
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • A good 4 hours sleep last night, and i wake to a new GF sound and news that Chelsea Manning will be freed in May. A bloody great morning!
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-01-18 04:30:48
  • Hells, I'd've been in touch except I've had / still having issues with accessing this forum. I think I gave you my personal email address? If not, you can ask UT. We should meet up soon.
  • I've recently bought myself one of those acupressure mats with pillow, like a bed of nails. Think I'm addicted to it. There's no question it eases pain, even if temporarily, and it lifts my mood. I just look like a teabag now lol. My border terrier Jake likes to brush his whiskers by rolling his face on it- he was going to go for the full back massage last night, but put one paw on the spikes and limped off sorrowfully!
  • @KatRobin sometimes I think you overdue it, lol. It takes serious time to heal from spinal surgery- take it easy girl! Glad the acupressure mat is a good fix though.

@Hells oh, sensitivity. Remember what people say to you is a reflection on them, although a good come-back never hurts, :-*
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Thanks for caring PG! I'm a bit of a health gadget freak. Other tech gadgets don't interest me much, but anything that eases pain, helps me sleep etc I'll give it a go! Especially if it feeds my masochism >:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!