Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • I seem to remember that shortly before the release of TOU, some new titles appeared in the music copyright listings. But I have no idea how to check that out.
  • I too suspect that we'll be hearing something soon, most likely in January, though December remains a possibility. It's been nearly 3 weeks since the shoot on the Canary Islands. If it was a photoshoot, then it means the artwork is on the cusp of being finalised. (Though having said that, the artwork for ToU was shot months before its release announcement).

If anything, we know the album isn't called Plutonic Velvet. She confirmed it on Instagram by replying to someone's query, which she seldom ever does. 

Post edited by ficchi at 2016-11-24 14:41:26
  • The fact that she took the time to reply to specific queries pertaining to the title is very interesting. To me, it looks like they're trying to kill any rumours or speculation, leaving the reveal confusion-free when it comes to the title. I do think Plutonic Velvet is a track name or lyric, however. She just keeps putting it out there, lol!

It's definitely coming. And soon. I can feel it in my bones. There's electricity crackling in the atmosphere.
    Something tells me we'll see a single before Christmas or in early January at the latest, with an album announcement and pre-order info arriving the same day (like how they handled ToU). With the Weeknd's album out today, there are few other major-name releases to clog the charts, so mid-December or early January seems ideal.

I've got my money saved for another signed special edition package! I hope they do that again - though I'm REALLY hoping for an autographed book of her utterly sublime photography of the past few years.

Still, I'd give that up for a tour that stops in Canada. Ottawa Jazzfest, Bluesfest, Fringe Festival, Winterlude, and Glowfair are just a few festivals that would luuuuuurve to add Goldfrapp to the bill. I mean, we've had Bjork so... maybe?

She's specifically mentioned very much hoping to come back to Canada, most recently when ToU tour dates were revealed. If they made an upbeat album, it will be VERY tour-able given the band's ability and all of the delicious marketing that comes with energetic music, so there's even more reason for me to hope that's what they've done! 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-11-25 16:01:58
  • Slippage said:

It's definitely coming. And soon. I can feel it in my bones. There's electricity crackling in the atmosphere.

There's been a real drought in terms of new music being released in the last two months. It could just be things winding down... but at the same time, it feels like cracks could break open at any moment.

• Low said:

Slippage said:

There's been a real drought in terms of new music being released in the last two months.

Then again, it could be artists keeping a low profile in case the Grim Reaper comes for them before the end of 2016!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-11-25 20:08:11
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Low said:

Slippage said:

There's been a real drought in terms of new music being released in the last two months.

Then again, it could be artists keeping a low profile in case the Grim Reaper comes for them before the end of 2016!

All other years I would have laughed that off but you almost can't this time  @-)

• He's been nowhere near the Rolling Stones at the moment, ( well not since he drowned Brian Jones in the pool)
    Perhaps the AOD IS the Stones! Or maybe it's Ronnie Wood! He did replace Brian after all.
    ( Hey, Brian. Let's take a midnight stroll out by the pool maann! ) Glug, Glug, Glug.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-11-26 16:37:18
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • He's been nowhere near the Rolling Stones at the moment, ( well not since he drowned Brian Jones in the pool)
    Perhaps the AOD IS the Stones! Or maybe it's Ronnie Wood! He did replace Brian after all.
    ( Hey, Brian. Let's take a midnight stroll out by the pool maann! ) Glug, Glug, Glug.

http://i.imgur.com/bmIBWyM.jpg
    more like "outlived"

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Ooft, rather glad to have had 2 hours' journey left on a Polish train in the dark after having run out of paperback, and remembered I've not, I think, even looked at this forum this year!

So at least there's one respect in which 2017 promises to be less dire than 2016, then..
  • If I remember correctly, someone pre-released the last set of tunes.  I would expect this is what they are trying to avoid.  I agree.  I need something like Thea and similar.  All the atmosphere just has that feel, doesn't it?
  • ** Yeah, they should write something Thea-like, that song has grreat feeling. But I really like all songs from ToU and expect that they just keep writing good songs.

I believe that Alison & Will will surprise us ;)
    Post edited by Turqs at 2016-12-02 14:12:31
  • Hahaha!  I just realized, as I was beginning to post "Tea", that I had probably screwed up and put the discussion on newspapers under "Goldfrapp News" and went to change it.  Lo and behold, it was posted under "Armidillo", which now seems to be the new fall-back category.  What do you think?  Am I on to something.  Could this be the name of the new collection of music (I have no idea what you are supposed to call it anymore.  CD?  Album? Playlist?) or is one of our monitors still hanging around on occasion and having some fun.

My bet: The new album will be called, "Armadillo" (or, maybe, Armadildo ... naw).
  • ^^ "My lovely dick" :D
    Post edited by Turqs at 2016-12-04 06:28:47
  • "My lovely Theremine"?
  • Very fine indeed.

Yes, and I am way drunk and going for a record for number of posts in a row, since all of the snooty dicks have left the building.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!