Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • Alison posted on Instagram that she was in the Canary Islands, Matt from Big Active (who have handled most of the album covers) wished her well on the photoshoot. I take that as a sign of progress!
  • rewak said:

Alison posted on Instagram that she was in the Canary Islands, Matt from Big Active (who have handled most of the album covers) wished her well on the photoshoot. I take that as a sign of progress!

Nice spot with the Big Active thing. Was thinking/hoping it was artwork related.

• The Canary Islands. Very volcanic. Parts of it resemble the surface of the moon so closely, the American Astronauts around the time of Apollo 11 trained there.
    They also have Nudist beaches !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • They have previous! The forests of La Gomera were apparently the inspiration behind 'Hairy trees'.
  • Latest post on instagram ;) https://www.instagram.com/p/BMk5me7AqNj/

"Such
    a treat to be able to look out across a vast stretch of land. Feels so
    good for my head & eye. I'm so happy to be in this wonderful
    landscape and working on finishing our album! X can't wait to share it
    with you X
    #canaryislands #plutonicvelvet #stonespirit"

Plutonic velvet?
    Stone Spirit?
  • Most likely Fuerteventura
  • Alison ( and Lisa, and Maus obviously!) should come sojourn in The Fens in that case. I can make room in my nuclear bunker, just about.
  • Can't wait to hear it! We need it now more than ever.

• Very excited that, at long last, era number seven is about to commence. Hopefully we'll hear something by Christmastime. 

REALLY hoping for an energetic and wild sound akin to "Thea" on this one. After Seventh Tree and Tales of Us, I'm ready to see Alison and Will get down a bit.
  • An interesting little development: All studio albums, singles and other "official" releases by the band are missing from iTunes Canada except for Melancholy Sky, A&E Remixes, Judas Remix, Thea EP and Tales of Us - quite a substantial chunk missing, given the plethora of content that was available. All the soundtracks and compilations featuring songs from the band are still present, though, which leads me to believe this is studio release-related solely. All the videos are still there too, adding support to my little theory as if it were label/contract-related, everything else would have been pulled.
    To my recollection, the last time something like this happened was just before Tales was announced, so it could be that someone's fiddling with their catalogue to set up a pre-order page (like for Head First). Of course, I could totally be wrong, but nevertheless an interesting and odd thing to happen, and it might not be completely out of coincidence, given Alison's cryptic, frequent and exciting posts lately. I'm wondering if we already know the album name (Plutonic Velvet or Stone Spirit)? 

Of course, this is all speculation and nothing concrete, but really it was just too weird of a change to not notice it.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-11-21 13:33:48
  • iTunes albums are also absent from Spotify. A month ago ive listened to iTunes Originals. Wanted to re-listen yesterday, but the album was no longer there...
    Post edited by Turqs at 2016-11-21 14:10:27
  • Turqs said:

iTunes albums are also absent from Spotify. A month ago ive listened to iTunes Originals. Wanted to re-listen yesterday, but the album was no longer there...

I wonder if this is the same thing ive experienced with Amazon Music Player? i have a lot of frapp music in my amazon cloud library, i had to format my SD card so i then had to re-download all my frapp music so i could listen to it on the go and without internet. Anyway, i had noticed a lot of the none album stuff, like singles weren't playing, and instead just the album versions were playing ex - i went to play the radio edit of Human and instead it plays the felt mountain version - it even displays the felt mountain album cover even though the little thumbnail shows the human single artwork... ??? !!! ??? !!!
  • interesting that everything is back on iTunes Canada - for the last few months many of the singles and albums before seventh tree weren't showing up --- and i think there might be extra stuff that hadn't been on the Canadian store before... have to check that out.

whatever had caused that has been resolved.

i smell and announcement pretty darn soon.
  • Yep, sure enough everything is back now. Interesting!
    Normally (and from what I can tell), the only time a catalog almost completely vanishes on iTunes is when they're setting up a page for a new release pertaining to the artist(s) in question. Basically, they create the album page and set it up as a pre-order-able item, and schedule it in their system so that once the album is announced the page to buy/pre-order it becomes visible (therefore no last-minute page-prepping that could result in typos, price errors or other mistakes - notice how every Friday just before midnight, that week's new releases all become available at once). My guess is that if the catalog was absent for a while then perhaps iTunes was being given incorrect or outdated information to work with, screwing up their scheduling and whatnot.

Or it could simply be an error or label dispute, etc. that was rectified, but my money is on the album being prepped for announcement. Certainly not this month and probably not in December, but soon.
    After all, she wouldn't be hinting at it otherwise. Not yet, at least.
    I mean, she likes to have fun torturing us with album releases, but she isn't that mean! Lol.
    ;)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-11-23 01:45:58
  • I feel like the first quarter of 2017 will bring us some big news.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!