Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • It's called The Menopause. No offence Alison! These men need to be told tho!
  • Mmmm, love "Thea".  TOU is not all bad.  It's just that everything they did before was all good.  The weirdest thing, though, is how the words do not reflect the tune.  Dark words, light tune typifies Goldfrapp across all of their work.  What is it about female artists and darkness?  What is it about the fascination with darkness?  I just don' get it and, honestly, it's beginning to agitate me considerably.

I don't get it either really. I mean, I appreciate Goth etc., but not anything horror/evil. I don't want my entertainment to disturb me. I mean, we got the News for that. Crack a fuckin' blind and get some light on the subject- haha.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • No, I'm talking just stark gloom.  And, actually, I do get it.  As a perpetrator of the gloom, though, I have no right to succumb.  Cryptic be my middle name.  Either that or fury.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-10-12 17:23:11
  • This is a great topic WW. I really have no room to speak, as I've written some very dark poetry myself. I grew up in an abusive household, and my words were my only form of justice. Let's talk about gloom and doom though. Hopefully the artist will make the experience both haunting and transformative. Wherein the acknowledgement of the dark elements shines a light on Human Nature, and ultimately leads to a shift in consciousness. A positive shift. If not, what's the point? Idk, just rambling now....
    U R I E L
  • david sylvan put it so well (at least for me):
    "I wrestle with an outlook on life
    That shifts between darkness and shadowy light"
  • That is well put, Lukas.  It is a good description of the situation.  I think I understand the "shadowy" though "veiled" works better for me.

You should know by now, PG, that I don't think it is human nature at all.  I think human nature is the light, in reference to Sylvan's poem.  All of the gloom and doom is just a legacy from all of the nitwits that preceded us.  The trick is if we can delve deep enough into the bullshit to eradicate the very non-essential sources of gloom and doom.  I used to think it was a process (kinda where you are going with your statement, PG) but, now, also as you should know by now, I think we have the lightning rod in our hands, so to speak (ahaha!).
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-10-13 06:39:08
  • Are you guys talking David Sylvian from the group 'Japan'? If so, I just found this. Wow..beautifully haunting-
    U R I E L
  • Armadillo

Title of new album?
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • drumpfopalypse
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2016-10-18 07:09:28
  • https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/oct/18/suzanne-vega-how-we-made-toms-diner-dna

last line of the article is: "Nick Batt is working on the new Goldfrapp album."
  • Underground or overground?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • LuDux said:

Armadillo

Title of new album?

i know! wtf is that? Plus, armadillos live in burrows!
    Post edited by whispered at 2016-10-19 04:25:14
  • i think i am warming up to the idea that the album and first single will be called "armadillo" - it means it will be about leather, armour, and shells --- already excited about the video and remixes!!!
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2016-10-20 23:19:15
  • Is Armadillo real? I thought it was a board joke.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Is Armadillo real? I thought it was a board joke.

i have no idea! who put it there? and when? maybe its just that alison and will have been listening to too much ancient prog rock
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Emerson,_Lake_%26_Palmer_-_Tarkus_(1971)_front_cover.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!