Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • ^ Eek! What have they done to the song that is the origin of a whole genre?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • He, not they

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Glass Animals remix of Gooey-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • White Stripes now. Michel Gondry (who made this video) is pure genius
    U R I E L
  • Awesome!  That almost brought tears to my eyes.  Transcendent!
  • Have you heard Beck?  "Wow", for instance.  Holy fuck!

Wow!  Too funny that it's "Wow"!

And, then, 

But, my thoughts are there should be no losers...and that ain't just bullshit....
  • Wow! is right! Michel Gondrey just adds such a sweet vision to his art. I really love everything he's done. I've heard Beck's "WOW" but have never seen the video, so Thankyou :) I love it! ..and it really doesn't matter if you win or lose- it's how you play the game ;). The White Stripes song reminded me of Nick Drake somehow, I never really noticed before..but I like it.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-10-27 23:03:25
    U R I E L
  • Chris Garneau - Music for Tourists

Post edited by iuventus at 2016-10-27 23:17:17
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It Came from Outer Space.
    'Did you know that more murders are committed at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature?'
    'At lower temperatures, people are easy going, over 92 it's too hot to move but at 92, just 92, people get irritable!'

• If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It pleases me greatly that two of the most influential female musicians during my life, Toyah and Alison Goldfrapp, both have a liking for Black Sabbath. So do I and it has nothing to do with them, as I saw Sabbath in concert three times before I picked up on Ms Willcox and looong before Alison even started singing professionally.
    So, drug abuse. What's it all about? I have no idea as apart from a minor dalience with Marijuana/weed/cannabis/pot/hemp/hashish/Mary Jane/blow/leaf/dope/ganja (we could go on all night) very minor I would add, I am far too much of a control freak to give myself up to such an outside influence.
    However, I do know a song that charts what addiction is probably like, from the initial stages of depression with life ( here a fear of nuclear annihilation and post traumatic stress from Vietnam) opening the door to the desperation to try something different, then the exhilaration and early euphoria quickly descending to the grip of dependence to the crushing addiction and finally destruction.
    This is it, by Black Sabbath and titled Hand of Doom. I love the way the different sections of the song mirror this fateful journey. Some bloody fantastic drumming from someone called Bill Ward. A much unsung colossus of the drums!

• So today, took my Mum out to meet a friend for lunch ( she's 93 and her friend; Appy61's Mother in Law, is 89), so, if course, we ended up in an American style diner in Clacton called Graffeati. ( Did you see what they did there?).
    Playing in the background, an appropriate soundtrack, including this old favourite by the Avons, 7 Little Girls, sitting in the back seat.
    Black Sabbath to the Avons in a few days, Chalk and Cheese, Heaven and Hell. Quite a journey.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-11-20 12:37:15
  • bush bush. loads of kate bush! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!