Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • @Bells what do you think of Daft Punk's new album?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • OMG, I'm in love with 'Montanita' by RATATAT.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I'm sorry for being so obsessed with RATATAT.

Now playing 'Kennedy' by RATATAT.
  • M.I.A. - bring the noize (watching the music video)

not impressed. visually i think she's usually on point, her music videos are generally great. but sonically i don't think she's topped arular. this song is a mess to my ears
  • ickygerm said:

M.I.A. - bring the noize (watching the music video)

not impressed. visually i think she's usually on point, her music videos are generally great. but sonically i don't think she's topped arular. this song is a mess to my ears

I see her videos on my Tumblr dashboard all the time. But never bothered to play one. Now I'm kinda interested. Any recommendations?
  • well of her more recent output i'd say definitely give "bad girls" a spin, a lot of people seem to love that one. good video and catchy, earwormy song.

"galang" is a classic from her debut album arular, as is "bucky done gun". i think my favorite from her debut is "hombre". "amazon" is also very good.

then from her second album, kala, you've probably already heard "paper planes" (not my favorite and incredibly overplayed) or possibly "boyz" (again not my favorite). "jimmy" is the only song i can think of from that album that i really like, although i haven't played tha album in a long time, so my memory is fuzzy.

her third album has a ridiculous title i won't bother attempting to recreate, and i haaaaaaaaated it, the only listenable song to my ears was "XXXO". and possibly "teqkilla"

keep in mind these are opinions from a slightly disillusioned former M.I.A. fan, hahah!

(boy i hope all these links work)
  • Lovely Head

I don't really know if this is worth mentioning but I was listening to Seventh Tree and then I listened to Felt Mountain and I noticed one really big difference that definitely separates Felt Mountain apart from the other space. 

One thing any art student knows is the presence of negative space. It's the space that's not used up by the subject of the piece. Negative space also exists in music too. Felt Mountain definitely was much simpler in composition than any of its subsequent albums. Each song had less instruments and (in my opinion) was less cluttered.

I'm not sure if anybody else noticed but I definitely thought it was something to be noted. 
  • Just started my trip up to Felt Mountain. Feels... nostalgic. 
  • A Song Thrush and an extremely noisy Wren....
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Alan said:

@Bells what do you think of Daft Punk's new album?

I hate myself for saying it but I'm really not keen on it. Great album cover shame about the content. The lead single is OK but doesn't blow me out my socks with wonderment tbh :-??
  • The xx - Chained (John Talabot and Pional Blinded Remix)
  • '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Big Bud - Producer 07 - Stone Groove
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!