Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • The Floyd Effect

Post edited by Appy61 at 2016-07-30 13:05:21
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Tomorrow night, the O2 Islington, Toyah Willcox.
    It's been some time, but it's like going home again to my youth. I was in my early 20's when I first saw Toyah. It changed my view on music and set the course I still follow today.
    Can't wait!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well, I've really only just recovered from seeing Toyah at the O2 in Islington, well, my ears at least. That was LOUD ! The Islington O2 is quite a compact venue, and about 300 people packed in to see the show. She played for about 85 minutes, including 2 encores. The first they just stopped, went to the centre of the stage in a line and bowed and then Toyah said that this year they had decided not to go off stage. In her words ' what's the point of fucking off back stage for a couple of minutes and sitting down? '
    All the favourites, plus some more unusual stuff. Many from Sheep Farming in Barnet and The Blue Meaning, her first two albums, then Anthem, the most commercially successful and The Changeling, a dark, Gothic album.
    Bloody fabulous and like being in a rugby scrum while someone plays loud, high energy rock music !
    Still smiling 4 days later!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-09-18 06:19:09
  • Catherine went up to Scotland last weekend for a course in Taiko drumming and loved it. The same people who tutored her are in town tonight putting on a show so we are going. I might have to restrain her from jumping on the stage and taking part!
  • Love taiko. A couple authentic. troupes have performed here; plus, we have a local group (who make an appearance in my zombie novel).
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Yeah, I woulda loved to have gone too but now I'm back at work and Boring. Going out tonight is a pretty rare event on a Sunday!
  • Brilliant show. We want to set up a Taiko Club now locally. Might have to put a begging small ad in Private Eye, as the drums cost ten grand each!
  • Do they still do the small ads in PE? I haven't read that in over 20 years!
  • Saint Etienne at Heaven on Wednesday. Twice in the space of a month. They'll think Im a fan. Redic.
  • Friday at the O2, Greenwich, Jean Michel Jarre. Never seen him before but Oxygène and Équinoxe are one of the major influences on me buying my first synthesiser. ( and the Human League !). I dropped away after Zoolook but looking forward to the reacquaintance.
  • Friday at the O2, Greenwich, Jean Michel Jarre. Never seen him before but Oxygène and Équinoxe are one of the major influences on me buying my first synthesiser. ( and the Human League !). I dropped away after Zoolook but looking forward to the reacquaintance.

OMG I'm going to that one UT!! Going with a fellow Frapper and staying overnight before going to Brighton next day. There is another Frapper going as well. As far as I'm aware we're going to eat at an Italian at the venue as hope to be there earlyish as I'm getting train down to St Pancras before 5.

OMG I'm going to that one UT!! Going with a fellow Frapper and staying overnight before going to Brighton next day. There is another Frapper going as well. As far as I'm aware we're going to eat at an Italian at the venue as hope to be there earlyish as I'm getting train down to St Pancras before 5.

We normally do a Byron Burger at the venue. Get there before 6 and you can usually walk straight in.
    PM me your seat No and your mobile ( if you feel brave) and I will text you. Mrs UT and Mr & Mrs Appy coming as well. That's a fair sprinkling of Frappers!
  • ^ Sent you a PM ;)
  • Tomorrow night, Jean Michel Jarre at the O2. The Urban Tribesmen, the Appy's, Hells Bells and Big Bird (blast from the past) will be in attendance. Byron Burger from 6.00pm. Whoop!
  • JMJ. Fab gig. Oxygène is 40 years old on 2nd December (my birthday - just saying ! ) and JMJ is releasing a new Oxygène album to commemorate.
    Met Hells Bells and Big Bird in Zizzi's where they were partaking in Chianti. Very grown up. Hells is off to Brighton tomorrow for the Frap meet up. We are going to the Theatre. Uhuh, that's right, the Theatre. Something to do with Morecombe and Wise called ' The Play that I Wrote'.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!