Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I have been seriously impressed by team USA! Go, team, go!

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^
    LOL. Thats been going round on Facebook. Hilarious 
    :))
  • Has Boris Johnson slimmed down?!
  • No, but he has been seen down the

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Just a little bit happy to be typing this message on my new iPad Air 2 :)>-
  • Some old lady told me I looked like Katniss from the Hunger Games. Considering I'm alot older and not in her shape, I'm feeling rather good. Yes, the lady was prob in her 70's and needed glasses, but fuck it- I'll take it.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-09-05 03:14:19
    U R I E L
  • Hahahaha!  Even changed your avatar.  Love it!
  • Feeling very sad as an old friend of mine from school days and playing together she has lost her Mum today after being very ill for a long time. She was always good to me etc and I just feel down about but trying to support my friend with words of sympathy and kindness.
  • Since returning to work a fortnight ago I've had nothing but IT related stress, ie Nothing Works, repairs are being constantly done, failing, being done again...blah blah. And my own laptop packed up today so has gone to the hospital at PC World. again. Loathe as I am to admit it, without the ruddy technology I feel like a fart in a spacesuit.
    On a happier note, I could add that my spine operation has been a success, though it's still " early days" and the fusion will still take a year. But the constant sciatica in my arms has gone and omg, I feel like a new woman. ( Don't tell Catherine lol). Yay!
  • Right, I'm going to be brutally honest here. Me coming out has been the worst experience I have gone through as have had nothing but hurt from people I thought would understand. If this is what it means to be a gay woman in the 21st century then I'm not surprised so many people are still too scared to be truthful about it. I've been so depressed about it after being hurt by someone I thought was ok with me. I can't talk to my parents. I still lie to my friends who ask me "hows everything going" and can't tell them it's shit. I don't know what to do anymore.
    I won't be posting here anymore as need to get away and anything Goldfapp related just reminds me of certain things and I can't deal with it anymore.
  • So very sorry, HB.  There seems to be no easy way for anyone to be themselves, really.  I truly hope you find a way to work through it.  I could go into my own much weirder challenges but I don't wish to detract from what you are going through.  All I can say is, "find a way through".
  • Hey Hells, you know you do have friends on here and whatever's been going on doesn't appear to have been going on via the forum, so it would be a shame for you to leave- there aren't many of us here at all at present! Fill me in via my inbox and I hope I can cheer you up >:D<
  • Me too Hells. Meant what I said in that Twitt DM. Always here to listen and not be judgemental.
    We are all odd in our own way !
    Wish I could send you a fruit salad!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • @Bells Oh Hells, who said anything about Love being easy? All that matters is how YOU feel, not your friends..not your family. You cannot conform to live in THEIR worlds, it is your own world that will make you happy. You're a pleaser Hells, but you can't please everyone all the time. I think I'm naturally melancholic myself, because I believe this world should be more accepting and loving and I see where it's not. Maybe that's the work that needs to be done here. We all get down Helen, and yes..having a loving partner makes the journey easier- but finding the right one is part of that journey too. There must be a part of you that doesn't care what others think- for that is the key to freedom. Be strong in yourself.

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes from Anais Nin-

"Why one writes is a question I can answer easily, having so often asked it of myself. I believe one writes because one has to create a world in which one can live. I could not live in any of the worlds offered to me — the world of my parents, the world of war, the world of politics. I had to create a world of my own, like a climate, a country, an atmosphere in which I could breathe, reign, and recreate myself when destroyed by living. That, I believe, is the reason for every work of art."

Another that is close to my heart-

"Had I not
    created my whole world,
    I would certainly
    have died
    in other people's."

U R I E L
  • Finally back here, at least for now; sorry to have missed so much.

Under the heading of "That escalated quickly", the 'bad back' that caused me to miss out on last year's Brighton get-together turned out to be the first symptom of an auto-immune disorder which has since utterly transformed my life....

(Yes, I am officially my own worst enemy....)

I now have an impressive number of diagnostic labels, including Mixed Tissue Auto-Immune Disorder, Sjogrens Syndrome, Interstitial Lung Disease, and Overlap Syndrome. And a very colourful box full of drugs - two types of immune suppressant, steroids, injections to stop blood clots, stuff to protect my gut ...

I struggle to walk as far as the postbox 50 yards down the road, and last night, I was so exhausted by putting the bins out, I threw up. Next week, someone from HR is visiting me to arrange my early retirement. So my income is about to drop to 25% of what it was 12 months ago.

On the plus side, my bad back is better!

(Love PG's Anais Nin quotes btw)

xxxxxxxxxx

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!