Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 248 Comments sorted by
  • Spookily, I kinda think I might look a bit like her in another fifteen or so years!!! But not as wealthy. I like to think of myself as a Miss Marple...village gardening lavender-scented snoop. Poking through my perennials. I'm watching.
  • You're in rare form today, LD.
  • People believing the government are going to erase their vote if they fill the ballot out in pencil  =;

• As I've commented in the Brexit thread, nah....even I'm not that paranoid! I drew my cross in blood, just to make sure it could be forensically traced back to me. Huh.
  • Meanwhile, love him or hate him, if this article is true, you have to admire the way David Cameron had taken the time bomb that the Brexit vote constructed, and the utter Shitskrieg it will release ( a veritable Poonami is my favourite) and put its detonation in the hands of the very men who saw it as their destiny and path to greatness.
    You made this bed, you lie in it.
    http://qz.com/717182/a-brexit-conspiracy-theory-nails-the-no-win-situation-boris-johnson-now-finds-himself-in/
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Have to admire Cameron. And great, if Johnson and Gove are now committing political hari-Kari, then their heads should be stuck on poles on Tower Bridge.

• KatRobin said:

...their heads should be stuck on poles on Tower Bridge.

I think that's what Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia, House of Drăculești, might have said before, well, doing it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Here's a good take on Cameron's role in all this

well fucking done, dave

Leading Brexit is surely a poisoned chalice, but people like Johnson and Farge are sociopaths - they have no shame or conscience (think of all Johnson's affairs). Meanwhile Cameron has put his name right up there as one of the worst PMs ever.

Bugger. That's not a conspiracy, is it? Hang on, I'll find one....
    Post edited by whisperit at 2016-06-27 05:26:07
  • This is such a world-wide phenomenon.  It seems the parties in the U.S., Britain, and France, at least (maybe others as well) are just polarizing and those that are termed conservative are showing their true colors - misanthropy.  Heck, probably the same for the other side, just camouflaged better.
  • Change is happening faster and people live longer,which leads to more people living in the world they're not used to, which makes then frightened and angry and more acceptible to extreme solutions. Scarrier world requies simple answers such as religion or conspiracy theories, which are pretty much the same thing

Duh
    Post edited by LuDux at 2016-06-27 07:26:06
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Well said, Ludux.  Let's just hang 'em all, as UT desires, which interesting enough puts him in the same camp.
  • I would only 'disappear' people who overwhelmingly deserved it. People who prey on the innocent and the vulnerable. Like in Dexter except I would leave the trash by the kerb as an example to other scum.
    500 years ago, I was probably Walsingham !

• I would only 'disappear' people who overwhelmingly deserved it.

I think that's what the Russian government might have said before, well, doing it (in Chechnya).
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-06-27 23:00:32
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • In a way, that's what happened in the formation of your great country 150 years ago. Those who sort to take advantage by force over the rest of the populace were systematically hunted down by, basically, the same type of men, and eliminated to make the country a better and safer Place for all. You called them Marshalls.
    There was fundamentally no difference between Wyatt Earp, Pat Garrett and William H Bonney except Earp and Garrett were sanctioned by the law to do what they did.
    Of course, that never happens today.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!