Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Thought that title would peak your interest !
    We have a mental health thread, we have a sex education thread but do not seem to have a general health thread; not that I remember and I got bored after I reached page 17 of the older threads as I have a short attention span !
    Anyway, yesterday, I did a basic life support course run by the Red Cross. They had some brilliant videos and I thought it would be informative and possibly life saving to post a couple here. Not boring; they are both angled in a quirky way.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-04-29 19:00:05
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • 35 Comments sorted by
  • First. The great Steven Berkoff gives his time to a worthwhile cause.

• Then, mini Vinnie Jones bites your legs.
    Important stuff here kids. It could save a live; possibly yours. Always carry a 300Mg Asprin tablet and, if in doubt, crunch it in your mouth to get it in your saliva as quickly as possible.
    Be safe out there !

• And I thought it was misspelled and you meant healthy intercourse.
  • I hoping for Ms Katrobin to provide that WW. ...Instruction, not the ...actual thing you understand.
  • Of course, UT.

On the actual topic, one of the best things I have to recommend is brushing one's teeth with hydrogen peroxide.  Forget toothpaste.

What wrecks the teeth and gums, almost invariably, is anaerobic bacteria.  That is, bacteria that hates oxygen.  It is what lives in the stomach and helps digest the food.  It is also what gets into your mouth from your stomach.  Hydrogen peroxide kills it all.  Absolutely the most important time to brush with hydrogen peroxide is right before bed when the mouth is closed for quite a few hours.  Just a perfect bonanza for anaerobic bacteria since there is little or not air (oxygen) in the mouth.  Also, while your brushing, brush the whole mouth, including the tongue, and especially the tongue since all those nooks and crannies are perfect for bacteria to hide.  The same is true right along the gum line.  If one brushes right before bed, then the bacteria is starting from scratch.  Brushing first thing in the morning is a good idea, also.  I could go on but it would start to sound like a rant against dentists.  Funny thing is I learned this at a hotel in London.  An article mentioned it and also mentioned that, if you look at a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, cleaning the teeth is mentioned.  Kinda cool.
  • I'm out of action...UT. Temporarily I hope!
  • Another health suggestion that I highly recommend is that, if you have joint ache, make sure to eat anti-inflammatory food regularly.  I use ginger root and it doesn't take much, though I use a bunch.  A piece about the size of your first thumb joint should be enough.  Pretty much anything spicy seems to work and, if you don't like ginger root, I think I can can give some other recommendations.  The problem is getting reliable recommendations.  The trick is finding something spicy that you don't have to use too much.

For me, I felt a huge difference within a few days.  Joint exercise, like Tai Chi or Yoga, should help, also.
  • KatRobin said:

I'm out of action...UT. Temporarily I hope!

Generally or sexually Kat?
    You never replied to my suggestion of a date to see The Floyd Effect later this year?
    Do you not love me?? :x
  • Mwah mwah darling! Of course I do....kissy kissy! And I did...I sent you an email, you no receive?
    We would've loved to go see the Flloydy Thing but it coincides with our booked holiday so sadly, that's a no :-(( I did however say that you and Lisa are welcome anytime.....after my convalescence ( do you think anyone else reading this thinks we've got a 3 some thing going on?!).
    I'm out of action UT, you know, ....( not that that's your business you perv!). In 10 days time I'll be totally out of action and under the knife. Yike!!!!
  • By the way, I had to do refresher first aid training at work this week. While I was giving CPR to a blow up man ( he was a good snog) I unfortunately pulled his head off!! Which I hope to god isn't an omen of cosmic karma to come! I guess I blew too hard. ( OH STOP IT).
  • No, no receivey de email. Did you get the address right? Just reply through the inbox on here.
    It's a shame you are away then. It would have been a blast.
    Of course you have to come out the other side of your up and coming procedure. I'm sure everything will be fine........
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • ...fee, fi, fo, fum..I smell the blood of an Englishman. 8-X (I don't think she's the one that needs to worry UT)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I am worried.... As long as my bone gets displayed in UT 's cabinet I can rest.
  • You'll be fine Kat. They'll prob go in through the front of your neck, and you'll barely see a scar after. Catherine can look after you and wash your hair, cook for you..your recovery time could be romantic. ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!