Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 35 Comments sorted by
  • I hope so...as I've already mentioned to UT, I've set my little office up for painting , got my canvases prepared etc. I haven't painted in oils for a few years now, always too busy with work. But as I will now be off work until the next academic year in September, I'm going to grab the chance to paint, it will be a treat. I've set myself that goal to keep myself from going nuts too. I'm usually hyperactive and can't bear the thought of being housebound, but now I've got creative plans I'm a lot happier. Should I get anything done I'll post on the site.
    On a more morbid but utterly pragmatic side, I'm writing my will tomorrow!! That's the Taurean in me too- very practical and pragmatic. As someone once sang....You Never Know....!
  • Best of luck with your recovery, Kat.  I'm sure you will do fine.  I could tell a story....well, nah.
  • Thanks WW. :-*
  • If there is anything that can be done to ease things, let me know.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • That's so kind WW, ( I'll send you a personal msg in a min). And Iuv, I shall be practising plenty of meditation, got lots of apps related to relaxation etc. bless you both for being so lovely.
  • Tomorrow is it then, I won't be on the site for a couple of weeks. Any more than that, then assume the grim reaper got me. I jest, but I'm crapping myself really. Could be worse, it could be on Friday (13th). Ttfn, xxxx
  • KatRobin said:

Tomorrow is it then, I won't be on the site for a couple of weeks. Any more than that, then assume the grim reaper got me. I jest, but I'm crapping myself really. Could be worse, it could be on Friday (13th). Ttfn, xxxx

Fingers crossed for you Kat! Try to send us a message to show you are not becoming a virtuoso on the harp! X X
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-05-09 16:36:49
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • We will be waiting anxiously, Kat.  Can't wait to hear from you.  You're in my thoughts (don't pray so much).
  • Hi guys! Hurrah! I'm back on the site much sooner than expected! I was released from hospital the morning after the op with no drugs ( can you believe it, I was in Agony... But told paracetamol would be fine!). But four days on and I'm not bed ridden ( I'm supposed to be, but nah) ...I am walking well, might even make it to the village church today! ( to look at the grounds, I don't go to church!). I'm sleeping ok, though it feels like I'm resting my head on a dumbbell..I got some stronger drugs from my own GP. And best of all, I've begun my first oil painting and my arm has stopped shaking. I'm not taking anything for granted though and behaving myself. It is a three month recovery after all. But being the stubborn mare that I am, I've defied everyone by taking showers and washing my hair ( no washing hair for two weeks?! Bluuurgh.....!). I'm taping myself up with rip stop fabric ( it looks a bit odd but pah!).
    As I was being anaesthetised I began thinking of the words to Drew. I got to " cold arrive" and I was out.
    So, so far so good. I will get frustrated with being housebound but at least I can paint, so Ill post some pictures in a few weeks.
    As for becoming a virtuoso on the harp! I might even dust off the ukulele soon lol.
  • Yaaayyyy! So glad to hear it =D>
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • KatRobin said:

resting my head on a dumbbell

Haha!  I almost just wrote, "get a softer pillow" but, on second thought, I have some experience  with that.  I have like three different pillows for my head because sometimes one of them will just feel like rocks.  The one that almost always works for me is a memory foam pillow.  I don't actually know that they make them but memory foam is just so soft that I bought some and made one (just cut a piece and  stuffed it into a pillow case).

So, so far so good.
    That's a lot of "so"s.  I thought I was stuttering!

As I was being anaesthetised I began thinking of the words to Drew. I got to " cold arrive" and I was out. 
    You being on drugs for the next few weeks ought to be a riot!  Please visit here often and write a lot. 

Glad you're back, Kat.  Very heartening.  Take care of yourself.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-05-15 14:03:16
  • Sniff....you guys are so, well......FAMILY ((((((xxxxx))))))
    I'm getting a bit cheesed off wearing this bloody neck collar so I have a plan today to pimp it in a Frapp stylie.
    Watch this space. I'll be like a walking advertising board lol. Only in the village, but spreading the love folks, spreading the love.....
    I got a Goldfrapp sticker on the back of my car too. Which I can't drive for 2 months.
    ( if they are reading this, A and W, you can pay me by cheque, PayPal, freebies...) xxxxxx
  • So, is the neck brace what is causing your pillow to be uncomfortable?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!