Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • I'm a couple of days late, but thought I'd share a couple of photos that we took on Valentine's Day. I had a Love-Lock engraved for us as it's our first Valentines in our new home together. You padlock them securely and then they can never be removed, so I thought it would be nice to have one of these engraved every year and hung on the lilac tree in the front garden. If I make old age, I'd like to think there will be many more to come  ;;).
  • 43 Comments sorted by
  • imageGrrrr....Oh well....looks like they have changed Flickr again (i meant AGAIN!!!!!) so Im back to having problems uploading pics again. Sorry.
    Let's hope someone else can add something romantic!
    PS It's now BLOODY IMPOSSIBLE to learn the URL of your photos!!!
    :-L
  • The site is a little frustrating. Especially if you're trying to post from your cell phone. I feel your pain.

Getting back to point... I found this terrifically romantic:

Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-02-17 15:05:11
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Hey @KatRobin. Just tested this with the Dot photo and it still works fine for me from Flickr.
    Go to your photostream
    Left click on the photo you want ( it opens in a different window)
    Click the arrow pointing at a horizontal line bottom left ( says Download this photo)
    Click bottom of the list (view all sizes)
    Click one of the 'medium' sizes ( the picture will probably change size slightly on the screen)
    Right click on the photo and then click on 'copy image location'
    You are done with Flickr.
    Go to the board and to where you want to post the photo
    Click the small green TV screen on the top banner (4th from right). A box will pop up that says 'enter Url'
    Clear what is already in the box (http://) and then right click in the box and hit 'paste' then 'submit'
    Your photo should appear in the message.
    Hope this works. 
    UT  ;)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-02-17 18:51:51
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Great topic! This moved me-

“Something changes the moment you decide you’ve found a person you are ready to reveal parts of your soul to. Something stands out and makes the moment unique. A profound multidimensional clarity resembling a piece of carefully gathered stardust; As if you are whispering “finally” and your eyes fill with light and spontaneity. As if you do not care whether your heart will melt or crumble in the process because your brief courage undoes your tremendous fear of disbelief. You live for these moments; For you are, maybe for one second or more, sweetly forced to surrender yourself to unconditional intimacy. A moment of psychological reward smashing all self-imposed disciplines founded on terror. This is all you need.”

— Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Awwww.......beautiful words. I see Alison has tweeted a lovely horse pic and lovely words too today....must be something in the air....?!
    I will try again , thanks UT. Let's keep the romance ALIVE I say....so much shit and fear and violence in the world.

Yay!  xxxx
  • :) Good stuff!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • @KR. Glad to be of service !
  • How could you not feel just a little bit romantic with views like this.

• imageimageimageimageAw.....that's nice UT. Very jealous of your travels. Ive just had a plate of biscuits made for me with Love Hearts words on em. Sighs.  :x
  • Made in paradise Kat !
  • Ponygurl said:

Great topic! This moved me-

“Something changes the moment you decide you’ve found a person you are ready to reveal parts of your soul to. Something stands out and makes the moment unique. A profound multidimensional clarity resembling a piece of carefully gathered stardust; As if you are whispering “finally” and your eyes fill with light and spontaneity. As if you do not care whether your heart will melt or crumble in the process because your brief courage undoes your tremendous fear of disbelief. You live for these moments; For you are, maybe for one second or more, sweetly forced to surrender yourself to unconditional intimacy. A moment of psychological reward smashing all self-imposed disciplines founded on terror. This is all you need.”

— Anaïs Nin, The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

Must admit, I just copied and pasted this to someone rather splendid this morning; to my not-very-great surprise, she loved it as much as I do.  

Thank you!!
  • The English Patient- Too many scenes to post. It's been years since I've seen it. It must be watched twice..once for the questions, twice for the answers.
    U R I E L
  • [-(
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • This is John Lennon's response when asked why he can't be alone from Yoko-

“But I can be alone without Yoko, but I just have no wish to be. There’s no reason on earth why I should be alone without Yoko. There’s nothing more important than our relationship, nothing. And we dig being together all the time. Both of us could survive apart but what for? I’m not going to sacrifice love, real love for any whore or any friend or any business, because in the end you’re alone at night and neither of us want to be. And you can’t fill a bed with groupies. It doesn’t work. I don’t want to be a swinger. I’ve been through it all and nothing works better than to have someone you love hold you.”

U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!