Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lucky Number 7: The New Album Thread
  • 205 Comments sorted by
  • Slippage said:

They seem to be completely immersed in studio mode, thank god. Alison composed a simple, yet effective tweet accompanied by a picture of a busy little bee. 

This is what it said:

Working

I screamed.

Or maybe her work, now, is beekeeping.  "Enough of music," she may have thought, "let's make some deep honey."
  • So, according to the past, we have about two years to wait?  No problem.  Just make it spectacular!

Well, there's never been a 4 year album wait before... but if it gives them time to create a genuinely spectacular album, then we'll just have to give it to them.

• Yeah, but haven't we already waited about two years?
  • Deep Honey ! LOL !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-07-03 08:15:42
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I have a bee emoticon that disappointingly will not embed !
    Edit. Yeh !

:bz
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-07-05 11:21:52
  • Yeah, but haven't we already waited about two years?

Which, if they stuck to their previous release schedule, means the longest we'd have to wait would be next year.

• Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  But, considering they just seem to have gotten serious (I hope), I won't start holding my breath for a couple of years.
  • They usually don't take too long to record. Alison normally doesn't go into studio mode until she and Will know in some manner what they want to achieve. Normally. We know for sure that (for some time perhaps) they've been in the studio and working  :bz 

I predict we will hear about the album in the late autumn or at Christmas as a surprise, and it will likely release in early-mid 2016 at the latest. Hope they get featured on Apple Music, because lord knows they need the advertising and income from it.

My money is still on them doing the Bond theme. They're close to David Arnold. It would be the perfect time, and they could feature it on the album, which could drive sales WAY up. And if it isn't them, then get Kate Bush or even better, Stevie freakin' Nicks to do it, goddammit! WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED?!?
    Post edited by Slippage at 2015-07-04 19:39:38
  • Goodness, Slippage, I like the way you think.

So, you say,

Slippage said:

Hope they get featured on Apple Music, because lord knows they need the advertising and income from it.

Who needs the money and advertising?  Goldfrapp or Apple?

A Bond movie would just be so exquisite!!!  I would freak!
  • Goodness, Slippage, I like the way you think.

So, you say,

Slippage said:

Hope they get featured on Apple Music, because lord knows they need the advertising and income from it.

Who needs the money and advertising?  Goldfrapp or Apple?

A Bond movie would just be so exquisite!!!  I would freak!

Thanks! 

Oh, Goldfrapp for certain could benefit from it. Apple has used their music before, with Ooh La La being used recently in the iPhone 5s advertisement. The same song is also hugely featured in the latest trailer for Magic Mike XXL (for obvious reasons). I remember learning that for ToU, they pretty much did it hand to mouth, so to speak. There was a lot of borrowing equipment and people helping out for free, etc. because they were so devoted to the band and whatnot, which is totally fine! That's great! I just know that some more moolah in the Frappy coffers could continue to keep the band going. Could pay for lots of advertising and TOURING, also. Hint, hint...
  • Slippage said:

They usually don't take too long to record. Alison normally doesn't go into studio mode until she and Will know in some manner what they want to achieve. Normally. We know for sure that (for some time perhaps) they've been in the studio and working  :bz 

I predict we will hear about the album in the late autumn or at Christmas as a surprise, and it will likely release in early-mid 2016 at the latest. Hope they get featured on Apple Music, because lord knows they need the advertising and income from it.

My money is still on them doing the Bond theme. They're close to David Arnold. It would be the perfect time, and they could feature it on the album, which could drive sales WAY up. And if it isn't them, then get Kate Bush or even better, Stevie freakin' Nicks to do it, goddammit! WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED?!?

Excellent question which I have been asking for years, unfortunately the only answer I've found so far is, life is unfair.

• Low said:

Slippage said:

Excellent question which I have been asking for years, unfortunately the only answer I've found so far is, life is unfair.

Agreed. Sucks more than a toothless hooker.

And no, I have no experience in the matter. I have family who might, but we don't talk... for obvious reasons. 
    :|
  • Slippage said:

Agreed. Sucks more than a toothless hooker.

:|

Someone call?

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-07-05 06:58:27
  • Either she's excited that her new camera works or they're finally working on that concept album about Beyonce's life
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

concept album about Beyonce's life

What??!?!?  I hope they do some more of that duet stuff, like she did with John Grant, but with their music!  I always liked the idea of famous contributing artists, like Mick Jagger on a Carly Simon record or just about everybody, it seemed, with some artists, like Steely Dan.

But, really, a bond movie would just be soooo awesome for them and for me!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!