Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lucky Number 7: The New Album Thread
  • 205 Comments sorted by
  • Jo_ey said:

Low said:

That's a nice hopeful bit of information for a dreary December evening, UT. Even late Autumn next year seems a bit early for me, considering how much she stressed they were taking their time on it but hey, I'm not complaining.

That's a whole year away...

I know it is, but it's still not as far away as it potentially could be. It'll fly, look how fast the 2 years since ToU has gone.

• Well, David Bowie passed away today. Damn it. I'm going to miss that man so much.

The only thing that could cheer me up is new Goldfrapp music. Given her tweets recently, she was a major fan (no surprises remotely). If anything, perhaps this will fuel the band's inspiration and expand their minds by (like the rest of the world) re-exploring David's genius. 

Still betting on a summer - fall 2016 release (though if it is a dance album, management will likely want them to tour so a summer release would make more sense - festivals and whatnot).

If they tour, they damn well better get to Canada! I'll pay the plane ticket. Hell, her and Will can bunk at my place, sip tea and listen to Fleetwood Mac vinyl with me! I have spare pillows and blankies - no excuses! Lots of hipster cafés, trendy hotspots and culture in Ottawa! ;)

(you have no idea how desperate I am. I'd sleep in the street to get them here)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-01-11 23:52:50
  • Slippage said:

listen to Fleetwood Mac vinyl with me! 

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-01-14 07:47:03
  • Yeah, this website screwed up the quote function, again.

Anyways, the point was, what is your Favorite Fleetwood Mac album, Slippage.  I'm kinda partial to "Bare Trees".
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-01-14 07:48:26
  • Yeah, this website screwed up the quote function, again.

Anyways, the point was, what is your Favorite Fleetwood Mac album, Slippage.  I'm kinda partial to "Bare Trees".

A hard question, that's for sure. I think mine would have to be Rumours - not to sound cliché. The tracks "Oh, Daddy", "Songbird" and of course "Gold Dust Woman" are ones which I hold close to my heart. I'm a die-hard Stevie fan and would willingly worship the footprints she leaves in the ground, but Fleetwood Mac is also very dear to me - made all that much more special by Stevie, in my opinion. 

Also, "Storms" is the most beautiful, tear-inducing masterpiece in history. Truly.
  • Mmmm, just remembered "Penguin".  That may actually outdo "Bare Trees".  While I like Stevie and Lindsey, and they really added a lot to FM, I guess I'm partial to the earlier work.  Probably has to do with when I was listening passionately more than anything else.  Of all of Stevie's songs, I think "Sisters of the moon" is my favorite.
  • I think this will be the first era I will see them live. Very excited.
  • i'm truly surprised at my absolute patience awaiting this new album
    i know it will be absolutely perfect
  • Ottawa Bluesfest is announcing their lineup on Tuesday - it's one of the biggest music festivals in North America now. Still, not getting my hopes up for Goldfrapp - it's like crossing fingers since 2002 for a new Amanda Marshall album (ow, my heart). But if they come ANYWHERE in Canada, I'm going. If Goldfrapp even play on a seagull shit-stained beach, I'll be there.

Ah, another un-ticked box on the bucket list. At this rate, might as well get my Queen Mary 2 crossing out of the way. ;)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-02-21 13:02:26
  • I agree with the thought of crossing the pond.  It's very nice over there.  Worth the trip.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!