Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Entertain me! (the twisted & disturbing are welcome)
  • 1870 Comments sorted by
  • ^ Aw, sweet cuddlefish!

This is Entertainting- Jimmy Fallon doing Jim Morrison
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Oh, the joys of living with an artist. The latest coffee table adornment. At least it scares the children !

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Just wrong !

• Lol. As its half term I'm making it my mission this week when out and about to find you a skull UT. I'm off to the hospital shortly myself....so who knows.....mine might be in the post to you ( shouldn't joke) sooner than we realised!!
    ( shudders and jokes with intense trepidation) 8-X 8-X 8-X
  • It transpires that if my neck issues continue and become more unbearable, then I'll have to have my vertebrae fused with a piece of bone from my pelvis. Great....
    If it comes to that....your name is going into my will UT. It's true.
  • That I have to see.
    'And to my friend, Urban_Tribesman, I leave......'
  • This fascinates me..it's called a murmuration-

U R I E L
  • There's a lovely book called 'An Exaltation of Larks' (originally subtitled 'The Venereal Game') by James Lipton (of The Actor's Studio). It lists and discusses collective nomenclature from the fields of venery and husbandry, as well as imagined and humorous grouping designations.

I've used a murmuration of starlings and a rag of colts in some recent writing.

An example of his witty epithets is a wake of vultures.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-02-26 02:31:11
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Yah, we've starlings in Maine.  It's pretty amazing how they move.  Seems like fun.
  • Watching a mumuration racing and turning above a marsh at dusk near my home remains a highlight of my entire life. At one point, they dived into a small bush, and as the first 100 birds went in, I thought, "how could they all fit in there?" Then another hundred joined them, and another, and another, and another. It was like they were disappearing into a hole in the space-time coninuum.

There's a good description of how they do the whole pattern-making thing here

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • @whisperit Wow! It's just so incredible, how they operate as one. It reminds me of the Beijing Olympics show (haha). It's Flicker Fusion Frequency. In essence smaller animals have a faster vibration and quicker "refresh" time. Hence, perception of the space-time continuum is greatly slowed down to them compared to the slow human vibration..where the action is observed as "fast." Some fish seem to operate like this too- as one unit.

U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!