Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Lucky Number 7: The New Album Thread
  • 205 Comments sorted by
  • I don’t listen to the lyrics too closely but love how GF albums can be uplifting and dark at the same time. 7T – the best album ever imo – is a perfect example of that.

……and even lovely2cu has very sinister lyrics.

• I don’t listen to the lyrics too closely but love how GF albums can be uplifting and dark at the same time. 7T – the best album ever imo – is a perfect example of that.

……and even lovely2cu has very sinister lyrics.

Yes. Best album ever. Yes, very sinister song, "the glittering lights of hell, I'm missing sin". She's a mastermind what can you do?
  • silverjet said:

very sinister song, "the glittering lights of hell, I'm missing sin". She's a mastermind what can you do?

No kidding!  Hahahaha!  And I thought I had listened so closely to those lyrics!  Are any of her lyrics not dark?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2015-01-16 09:23:40
  •  

No kidding!  Hahahaha!  And I thought I had listened so closely to those lyrics!  Are any of her lyrics not dark?

Alive. Oh,wait,it's about worshiping Lucifer
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • ^ Someone had to see her back to Heaven.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • What are you pattering on about, PoGu? It's too early to be drunk--even on the East Coast.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • What kind of fan are you iuv?!?! http://youtu.be/xrHoyKqvMjc
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Oh, my! Phat wha' thuck is that?!

Actually, I'm not fanatical about anyone (except you and M). I just adore the Goldfrapp groove.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-01-16 20:30:25
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I learned being a fan of Goldfrapp for 10 years now that every album from them is a wonderful gift, always refreshing, widening my taste in music.They are great in making me listen to things I wouldn't expect to like and LOVING IT!So for me the change of sound is welcome if not expected.Tales of us was a beautiful journey.
    As Silverjet said in the Roisin Murphy thread I would love Goldfrapp to make experimental jazz album,sort of joyfull yet nostalgic,more melody than traditional jazz,saxes,trumpets,weird sounds,interesting overall concept,white noise electronics,Alison playing with her delicious voice, exploring more&more unheard before by us textures and ranges.

not exactly what I mean but close enough-

An album of original duets would be brilliant too! Collaborations with Roisin Murphy,Agnes Obel,John Grant,Antony Hegarty,Jonna Lee,James Blake -that would be somthing :D !!
    To end without any sense I'm sure I will be very satisfied if they do something completely different :)
  • Crystal Castles broke up. Maybe some fresh blood is what Goldfrapp needs. Imagine Alison singing (Thea or Twist style) amongst a forest of chiptunes and hard, crunchy synths. Then again, they could go the route with their song "Celestica" or "Pale Flesh". Seriously, give them a listen and maybe you'll see why I think recruiting Ethan Kath (or going that route unexpectedly) would be an amazing idea. From noir acoustica to chilling hard electronica. I would give blood if it meant it could fund the band making something like this:

Post edited by Slippage at 2015-01-27 20:53:38
  • Maybe they'll try something a little jazzy.
  • It's a long time since they did Oompah! Or Yodeling. I love Alison Yodeling. What I would really like is something a la Black Cherry. Not the track so much itself, but the feel of that album. A blend of noir, strings and synth stabs. That intro to Train just makes you want to move.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I'm with you, UT.  It's hard for me to choose my fave album but Black Cherry is right up there.  ToU is pretty certainly my least favorite.
  • ^Yeah, ToU is strangely dead-feeling to me, somehow.

I'm still stuck in FM and BC territory myself. It's a "first love" thing, I suppose, both the music and the time of my life that it relates to. 

So I would say "more of that, please", only the great thing about FM and BC is that they were original and absolutely not "more of" anything.
  • whisperit said:

not "more of" anything.

Which is exactly what Goldfrapp does so well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!