Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Today we were surprised by amazing gigs from Braids, The History of Apple Pie and most of all Melody's Echo Chamber.
    Agnes Obel was very good too, but the audience at her gig apparently had a lot to talk about. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • KT Tunstall in Assembly Leamington Spa on Thursday 27 June. Not overly impressed with new album maybe seeing her live might awaken my interest again.
  • Last day of Best Kept Secret was very good gain.
    Very good shows by Autre Ne Veut, Local Natives and Everything Everything.
    Amazing shows by SUUNS and Sigur Rós.
    But the absolute highlight was the superb Portishead gig.
  • Dreeke said:

Last day of Best Kept Secret was very good gain.
    Very good shows by Autre Ne Veut, Local Natives and Everything Everything.
    Amazing shows by SUUNS and Sigur Rós.
    But the absolute highlight was the superb Portishead gig.

Sounds like an amazing few days where everything was just right - very envious!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • It was a brilliant festival.
    It was the first time they organized this at a really great spot next to a lake with lots of trees and also just a 20 mins drive from where I live.
    All 3 days were sold out, but with a max capacity of 15.000 it never felt overcrowded.
    Food and drinks were good as well (a bit pricey though)
  • PITCH festival up next

Planning to see Junip, Mø, Tungg, Chvrches(!), Trentemøller, AlunaGeorge and maybe Disclosure.
  • Just got back from KT Tunstall. She was very good and played lot of the new album and mix of previous stuff. Did a couple of cover versions which were really good. Good with the audience but I did think a couple of times just get on with it! See her again later in the year =D>
  • At Eden / Sigur Ros gig.. Daughter on first.... now! Excellent band at one of my favourite venues. Stood 5th row, right where i was for goldfrapp in 2006.
  • ^Ok, I'm jealous now...
  • I've just returned from the shows of Emika and iamamiwhoami which they did on Park Live festival n Moscow, and I can't express my feelings, especially about Emika, she was really fabulous. Jonna's playlist wasn't good enough for me though, as I like Kin better, and she played mostly songs from Bounty. But anyway, it was a great evening)

• At Eden / Sigur Ros gig.. Daughter on first.... now! Excellent band at one of my favourite venues. Stood 5th row, right where i was for goldfrapp in 2006.

There are some photos that I took on this link.

The Daughter ones were in daylight, so there's no lighting effects... which means the pics are a bit lacking in atmosphere. The Sigur Ros ones, on the other hand... lots of amazing lighting effects, but had the usual problem of getting a shot at a point when there was sufficient light to avoid blurring.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-01 06:12:03
  • I'm going to this:
    Did anyone here remember Marion?

I was hoping to go to Smashing Pumpkins tonight in Manchester, but couldn't get tickets. I still have yet to see them!
    Tears just started over you but I'm not over you...
    www.myspace.com/queenadreenauk
  • Rufus Wainright at De Montfort Leicester tomorrow with my bestest friend in the world (my sister). <:-P
  • Saw The Who the other night,excellent live act it has to be said
  • Rufus Wainwright was really good tonight. On stage all on his own playing guitar and piano. Very funny with the audience too =D>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!