Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • Also, Alison was exteremely nervous! Laurel was half gibberish. I wonder what happened.
    Post edited by silverjet at 2014-11-20 07:29:03
  • so no MONSTER LOVE duet vid yet?  :(
  • There are some great pro shots, which were put up today on the GF Facebook page - well worth taking a look.

I'm really hoping someone - officially or not - recorded it because that was the best GF gigs I've ever been to and one of the top 10 by any artists. No sign yet of any recordings on any of the "usual suspect" sites... starting to get a bit anxious!
    :-S
  • The Guv'nor

Mistress Alison and a friend with a beard

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• There are some great pro shots, which were put up today on the GF Facebook page - well worth taking a look.

I'm really hoping someone - officially or not - recorded it because that was the best GF gigs I've ever been to and one of the top 10 by any artists. No sign yet of any recordings on any of the "usual suspect" sites... starting to get a bit anxious!
    :-S

I recorded it.

You scamp! Your intentions?
  • An interesting debate ensues. We were told on entering that we could take photos, but no flash and no filming (yeah, right). Appy had a stroppy mare by the side of him who told him he should not be filming. Thing is, who loses for us posting vids of the concert on YouTube? No-one. The RAH is not losing anything and neither are Goldfrapp. Even if they did film and release the gig on DVD ( yeah, right.) it would not stop anyone intending to buy it in all it's Blu-Ray goodness ( yeah, right).
    Who gains? Well, Goldfrapp, as it promotes they exist to people who are not fans who come across it on YT, possibly promoting another album sale, it pleases existing fans, as they get to see footage of the concert to remind them of it if they attended and to see some of the gig if they could not.
    I film with pride at these gigs as I think I am, in some small way, helping the band out in these days of social media and viral videos. In 2 days, my film of Some Velvet Morning has already had 750 views. Last night, it was the only version on YT. I read John Grants Twatter page and one of his fans said they had enjoyed watching SVM on YT and I thought, that was me !
    Oh, and someone took me to task for mis posting my vid of Alvar under the title Ulla, ( now corrected) and said it was a shame that someone went to the concert that could not sort the names of the songs out when they couldn't go. Well, you should try harder mate !
    Funny world !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-11-22 07:11:50
  • If I get the usual e-mail updates, am I already subscribed to this?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-24 13:06:47
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ Good question. I assume we're already in on it, but maybe not...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I need a smiley with a zipped mouth... You'll all be happy with the news, that's all I can say. (well most of you! There's always one...)
    Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-08-24 13:24:28
  • You'll all be happy with the news, that's all I can say. (well most of you! There's always one...)

Only one? Have you read the Greenwich thread? Or the many Tales of Us, Deluxe Box Edition, and various other threads?
  • I need a smiley with a zipped mouth... You'll all be happy with the news, that's all I can say. (well most of you! There's always one...)

:-$
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Release of the live DVD? More concerts?  :)
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Enter @stevil...
    :)>-
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-08-24 14:46:32
  • Sally, you have inside information? Hint please!

(I know the Americans have been disappointed with lack of USliveness. I feel for you, esp if this is a one-off UK date...)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!