Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • "David Lynch and Mark Frost will start shooting a new 9-episode season of Twin Peaks in 2015. They’re trying to bring back as much of the original cast as possible, with Kyle MacLachlan definitely on board
    reprising his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper. Composer Angelo Badalamenti will likely be involved as well."
    ... from 'Welcome to Twin Peaks' website. Hope it's (mostly) correct! Certainly D Lynch has tweeted confirming it's coming back...
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-10-06 12:05:17
  • Just saw that too (via Alison's retweet, of course) and I must have jumped at least twice during that trailer!

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • So they'll need to rename the set the sort of entire mystery then. It's exciting news but im going to hold off until the cameras are actually rolling, they haven't even locked in the cast and knowing David if he can't secure who he wants then it'll be off.
  • Yeah, it's not absolutely certain that they'll make the new episodes.  And, at the risk of being accused of uttering blasphemy, if they do make them, it's not certain that they'll be any good.  It's not always a good idea to return to things years afterwards.  As an example, I could cite the recent Monty Python reunion.  What I saw of it on television left me glad that I hadn't wasted my money going to see it at the O2.
  • i'm not quite sure how i'm going to contain myself until 2016
    Post edited by stevil at 2014-10-08 20:56:52

Post edited by stevil at 2014-10-08 20:57:02
  • stevil said:

i'm not quite sure how i'm going to contain myself until 2016

Buy your jock straps one size too small.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

stevil said:

i'm not quite sure how i'm going to contain myself until 2016

Buy your jock straps one size too small.

*sigh....u really don't think i already do that?
    Post edited by stevil at 2014-10-08 22:04:41
  • I see that Amazon has reduced the Blu-ray boxed set to £44.
  • The following actors from he original series are apparently back on-board for the new one:

Michael J. Anderson
    Phoebe Augustine
    Robert Bauer
    Ian Buchanan
    Catherine E. Coulson
    Jan D'Arcy
    Eric DaRe
    Miguel Ferrer
    Harry Goaz
    Gary Hershberger
    Michael Horse
    Robyn Lively
    Kyle MacLachlan
    Everett McGill
    Wendy Robie
    Charlotte Stewart
    Al Strobel
    Carel Struycken

They need to get Michael Ontkean (the sheriff) back! Oh, and of course at least some of the "girls" (Sheryl, Sherilyn, Madchen etc) :-)

Loved this quote: “I have absolutely no idea where they're going with the new Twin Peaks. I sure hope there's a place for at least one of my two dead characters.” - Sheryl Lee
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-10-20 12:22:37
  • As far as I know no-one has actually signed on yet, just expressed interest. There will be a new book published next year though written by Mark Frost covering the time between the series end and now.
  • Ok, to clarify... that list is from IMDb... not a rock-solid source of info.

But I'd be very surprised if any of the originals who want to be in it (and have DL's/MF's support)... weren't.

And yes, the new book was a nice surprise.
  • Totally depends on how much money they ask for vs how much Showtime is willing to put up, and given the insane amount of hype i'd be surprised if the original actors don't play hardball.
  • this could be the voice of twin peaks 2016.....i hope so....

• Prefer the song he did with Lykke Li personally, but if they were replacing Julee (and there's no reason they should) he'll probably use Chrysta Bell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!