Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kate Bush - Before the Dawn (was the spoiler-free thread)
  • 156 Comments sorted by
  • Isn't 'gorgeous' kind of a gay word? Is there no end to your homophobic rant?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-09-01 18:48:33
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I really love Lionheart and The Dreaming. Two totally different albums but are most definitely my favourites. I wasn't too fussed about Never For Ever but I've just started to listen to it again and I'm enjoying it. I'm not so keen on The Red Shoes or The SensualWorld either.
  • My Iuventometer is swinging wildly between 'serious' and 'sarcastic'... I'm never too sure.

But yes - I must be careful not to fling 'gorgeous' & 'ladies' about... with such gay abandon.
  • Facetious. You will rarely, if ever, find me using sarcasm.
  • I take it you're being sarcastic there Iuv?
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • No, I'm definatley feeling the love :\">
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Not at all, Appy. There are important differences in the definitions of sarcasm, sardonicism, and facetiousness. As it requires the intent to hurt, it is not my practice to use sarcasm. I use the other two quite often.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-09-02 12:18:54
  • Good to hear as it is the lowest form of wit!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Not for me to say, as I'm not a classist.
  • On first listen of everything it's all pretty decent, except The Sensual World which i just found nothing to like on, nothing necessarily bad just nothing standout. I was pleasantly surprised with Aerial and 50 Words For Snow, i was prepared for the general experimental comeback style albums (i.e self indulgent garbage) but was greeted with quite wonderful soundscapes. Fair play to the woman, she has her shit together.
  • ONE MORE SLEEEEEEP!!!! 
  • Enjoy, Sally!

Remember folks, there's a separate thread for gig reviews & general tour SPOILERS.

I've just booked my travel tickets.. I'll be seeing la Bush a week on Friday... along with DCBaxter, Keith, Laura and ping. Can't bloody wait! :-)
  • Enjoy, Sally!

Remember folks, there's a separate thread for gig reviews & general tour SPOILERS.

I've just booked my travel tickets.. I'll be seeing la Bush a week on Friday... along with DCBaxter, Keith, Laura and ping. Can't bloody wait! :-)

Are you then going to pop your KB concert spoiler thread cherry?
  • ^ Yes, I'll splurge on all your juicy stuff then!

(sorry if that sounds rude!)
  • ^ Yes, I'll splurge on all your juicy stuff then!

(sorry if that sounds rude!)

Sort of homoerotic. Is that Iuventus I hear running to join this thread?? <:-P (sorry, love this emoticon now I have discovered it).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!