Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 122 Comments sorted by
  • ^ ...an Angie-less Goldfrapp does sound kinda wrong, and you're not the only one who specifically seeks out an audience position in front of AP.

But the Angie/Sally cheek-to-cheek avatar confirms you as head Angiefan! :-)

EDIT: ...apart from anyone with TWO actual photos of themselves/Angie in their signature, of course. ;-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-13 12:51:39
  • *cough*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Which brings us neatly back to the question of what is going on and why has it happened? They may as well tell us as it will leak out eventually.
    The Queen (well her right hand woman) is dead ( for now)- long live the Queen ('s right hand woman).
    Good luck to Angie in whatever she is doing. Hopefully she will be back sometime. In the mean time, welcome Hazel, just as we welcomed Ellie. ( No offence Davide, but she is nicer to look at !)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-13 14:42:58
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Blimey! Whats going on? Angie has been a bit quiet on FB but that doesnt mean anything. Could be totally personal issues so none of our business but I secretly hope its not a band bust up as I will get very depressed and have to sit in the corner of the room stroking my Goldfrapp album collection.  :((
  • Angie copied (not RT) a post of Una's from June?

@angie_pollock: “@Miss_Una: @goldfrapp @angie_pollock @charliejoneslf at @BodyandSoulIrl last night. Perfection, as always! http://t.co/NwMjQHSKcy” (picture of Goldfrapp included - can't copy on iPhone)
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I'm keeping positive based on the fact that she's not upped and left completely, she's still gigging with Goldfrapp here and there, and she's definitely the kind of person that would write a gushy tweet/fb post if she wasn't going to be on the frapp wagon any longer.  I think it is just rehearsals/touring on this new Retro Futura tour (confirmation that shes joining them here: http://www.examiner.com/article/tom-bailey-talks-retro-futura-thompson-twins-and-the-80-s).  The first date clashes with Greenwich so it makes perfect sense. Goldfrapp will be hanging up their touring boots for the next couple of years pretty soon so she needs something to keep those fingers and vocal chords busy.  

She can always pop around to mine and play a few songs if she gets bored. 

Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-08-14 06:13:46
  • I don't think there have been any proper statements/tweets etc about Angie's Goldfrapp plans/situation?

Someone mentioned (their friend) looking fwd to seeing Angie at Greenwich and her reply was:

"awww I want there tonight a one off can you believe it Im in america xxx sorry to have missed him xxxxxx"

So that sounds promising, right? (Technically, hasn't it been a 3-off?)
  • ^ I'd like to think so.

I'd also like to think when the Retro Futura tour offer came along, she agonised about it, knowing that she'd have to miss a few Goldfrapp gigs. After discussing things with Alison, she decided to take up the offer and there was enough time to call on Hazel for rehearsals prior to standing in for Angie.

So, hopefully, it's the absence that's a one off & we'll see her back for future tours. Whenever they may be.
  • Fenland/Phil chatting to Angie tonight...

Back to play with Goldfrapp at the Albert Hall in Nov?

yes ill be there with bells on x

Good oh. Your absence was noted at Greenwich......

it was tough not being there :-(

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-08-28 18:22:17
  • Fenland/Phil chatting to Angie tonight...

Back to play with Goldfrapp at the Albert Hall in Nov?

yes ill be there with bells on x

Good oh. Your absence was noted at Greenwich......

it was tough not being there :-(

Yay! Is that the sound of Visual Fallacy's loins girding?
  • Haha I have tweet notifications on for Angie on twitter (and Alison... no favouritism!) so all last night it kept going off with this conversation... it made me very smiley.  haha. 
  • A bunch of people on FB (including her sister and niece) have been wishing Angie a "Happy 40th birthday". I hope it's not meant to be private knowledge!

Hope you have a fab day AP! :-)

PS Isn't Angie a Scot? Special day indeed!
  • Yes, Angie is most certainly a Scot.
  • Pet said:

Yes, Angie is most certainly a Scot.

But no vote, like lots of other Scots. That would piss me off!
  • Angie now has her own website :-) She is selling groovy Christmas cards... featuring human-lipped deer.

http://www.angiepollock.co.uk/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!