Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 122 Comments sorted by
  • And this one. Same gig.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Careful UT you'll be upsetting VF!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Happy to send a digital copy to VF et all for printing and sticking to the bedroom wall !
  • Haha thats a good idea! I was going to get myself a frame for all my Goldfrapp tickets/setlists etc... might be appropriate to get a few photos in there! I'll have to go through my flickr and sort out the ridiculous number of Angie photos I have ownership of! *clears diary*

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

Love. Thanks for that one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • So has the worst thing happened - has Angie left the touring band? Let's hope not but lets examine the speculative evidence.

1. Angie didn't play Stockholm.
    2. Cryptic quotes from Alison on Twatter -
    'Giving up doesn't always mean your weak; sometimes it means you're strong enough to let go." - Unknown
    3. Copenhagen cancelled?
    Em makes you wonder - Greenwich may give us the answer.
    OK UT - corrected - hadn't seen the Hazel Mills thing
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2014-08-02 12:17:03
  • Another interpretation. Something happened in Angie's world that is private. It happened possibly on or just before the 24th as the message went out on the 25th of the Copenhagen cancellation. Angie play Lyon Les Nuits on the evening of the 25th (after cancellation news) which suggests she was not leaving, unless she played as a contractural obligation. More likely is she played through the pain of whatever her news was, Hazel Mills, the prime go to keyboardist If Angie is compromised, was unavailable on the 31st to cover the Copenhagen gig but was available to cover the Stockholm gig. I base this on Hazel's comments on face book where she thanks Goldfrapp for having her while she 'depped for the wonderful Angie Pollock'. I will now fold my Meerschaum and deerstalker away as we wait for Greenwich. If this is the case, we look forward to the Copenhagen gig being reorganised so all the wonderful Danish fans can get their Goldfrapp thrill.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-08-05 04:53:58
  • So the question - is Angie joining the US tour of 'Retro Futura' - Howard Jones & Tom Bailey (Thompson Twins) - noticed a RT by Angie from Robbie Bronniman
  • Ah this has just reminded me to edit/sort some of me goldfrapp pics I took over the last year.
  • So Hazel Mills has announced she's playing Greenwich! Is Angie no more? - too soon to move to RIP thread?
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2014-08-12 14:00:43
  • I dont recall ever seeing goldfrapp without Angie. Coping with change :(
  • imageAngie's future in the band image is hazely
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Another interpretation. Something happened in Angie's world that is private. It happened possibly on or just before the 24th as the message went out on the 25th of the Copenhagen cancellation. Angie play Lyon Les Nuits on the evening of the 25th (after cancellation news) which suggests she was not leaving, unless she played as a contractural obligation. More likely is she played through the pain of whatever her news was, Hazel Mills, the prime go to keyboardist If Angie is compromised, was unavailable on the 31st to cover the Copenhagen gig but was available to cover the Stockholm gig. I base this on Hazel's comments on face book where she thanks Goldfrapp for having her while she 'depped for the wonderful Angie Pollock'. I will now fold my Meerschaum and deerstalker away as we wait for Greenwich. If this is the case, we look forward to the Copenhagen gig being reorganised so all the wonderful Danish fans can get their Goldfrapp thrill.

I hope this is the case & Angie's absence is just a temporary thing. Given that Greenwich is likely to be the last gig for while, it could be some time before we know for sure. Unless Angie mentions something on Facebook or Twitter.

• Can someone just ask her on fb? I would but I think she's probably scared of me by now haha. :(   I assume its to play in the retro futura tour, which starts August 21st (bastards). I guess with Goldfrapp's live stuff winding down she had to find some way of paying for paw pea's dinner.  

Right, I don't want to go to Greenwich any more..

Jokes... of course I do.  But my sitting in front of a screen refreshing the page so I could move down the row to get seats kind of in front of angie seems a little pointless now. (this kind of thing is why I think she's probably a bit scared of me!) 
    Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-08-13 03:32:23

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!