Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 176 Comments sorted by
  • but i still wanna know, how she got in the door uninvited..."
  • Cervus said:

HF certainly has it's moments and it was definitely sparkly pop. It just felt a bit limp at times in comparison to other work......that is not to say it was bad....Hunt,Dreaming, Shiny and Warm and Voicething I still really like...It is fair to say that Al should be able to say how she feels about her own work..

• I adore Head First, still playing it. Rocket, Believer, Alive and Head First, for me, are joyous, infectious pop songs - exactly what the album intended (in parts). I agree with Carpathian about it sounding like 2 EPs though, songs like Hunt, Dreaming and Shiny & Warm strike different notes. But I take the album for what it is:  a paean to the 80s sound with the Goldfrapp thread running magically through it :)  I love the fact that once an album is released it becomes something different to everyone.
  • sushidave said:

I love the fact that once an album is released it becomes something different to everyone.

A great point. Always fascinating, especially that the same person and the same album can dance different relationships over time too without a note of the album ever changing.....
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Goldfrapp – Rocket 1,728,921 plays on Spotify USA 
  • Believer 930,797 plays on Spotify

• HF is the only goldfrapp album i wont play its not awful but perhaps its worth than that its average and for Alison and Will's wonderful output isn't good enough.
  • Believer and Alive are fun and good! Head First the song is nice but not Goldfrapp style. Overall it was kinda boring and Rocket is the worst Frapp song,  it's like they travelled to space and realised they weren't keen astronauts.
  • its a driving kinda lp
    Post edited by juanbjork at 2013-06-11 20:22:54
  • melancholy sky
    Post edited by juanbjork at 2013-06-11 20:23:09
  • yellow halo is in my head now.
  • hellooow
    Post edited by juanbjork at 2013-06-11 20:23:32
  • Head First is a great album; it just doesn't quite fit into the continuum of what we consider the Goldfrapp opera. Perhaps, it should have been released as an Alison Goldfrapp solo album.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I really do wish you'd edit the title of the thread though lol.
  • iuventus said:

Head First is a great album; it just doesn't quite fit into the continuum of what we consider the Goldfrapp opera. Perhaps, it should have been released as an Alison Goldfrapp solo album.

.....or as a Scissor Sisters side project?
    >:) :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!