Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 176 Comments sorted by
  • Head First is an enjoyable album... however the problem I have is that VoiceThing (which I love btw) doesnt seem to fit, it feels tacked on at the end of eight quality songs which makes me feel a bit short changed...

if We Radiate was on there it would have improved it

just my two cents... ps Hunt is my fave track by far...

PS I do enjoy listening to all of Head First and will be spinning it again now in excitement for July!!
  • HF certainly has it's moments and it was definitely sparkly pop. It just felt a bit limp at times in comparison to other work......that is not to say it was bad....Hunt,Dreaming, Shiny and Warm and Voicething I still really like...It is fair to say that Al should be able to say how she feels about her own work..
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

• chokka said:

if We Radiate was on there it would have improved it

Good track I know, did anyone see The Vampire Diaries episode which this features in? It's not merely as background music either and a brief Goldfrapp discussion ensues, it's about the biggest highlight of that series for me though, I prefer True Blood and Being Human, it's a good soundtrack album though, I digress...

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Neither did I.  Getting a very nice Felt Mountain/Seventh Tree feel from the new album trailer...
    Are you going to the party?
  • but i still wanna know, how she got in the door uninvited..."
  • Cervus said:

HF certainly has it's moments and it was definitely sparkly pop. It just felt a bit limp at times in comparison to other work......that is not to say it was bad....Hunt,Dreaming, Shiny and Warm and Voicething I still really like...It is fair to say that Al should be able to say how she feels about her own work..

• Goldfrapp – Rocket 1,728,921 plays on Spotify USA 
  • Believer 930,797 plays on Spotify

• HF is the only goldfrapp album i wont play its not awful but perhaps its worth than that its average and for Alison and Will's wonderful output isn't good enough.
  • Believer and Alive are fun and good! Head First the song is nice but not Goldfrapp style. Overall it was kinda boring and Rocket is the worst Frapp song,  it's like they travelled to space and realised they weren't keen astronauts.
  • its a driving kinda lp
    Post edited by juanbjork at 2013-06-11 20:22:54
  • melancholy sky
    Post edited by juanbjork at 2013-06-11 20:23:09
  • yellow halo is in my head now.
  • hellooow
    Post edited by juanbjork at 2013-06-11 20:23:32
  • Head First is a great album; it just doesn't quite fit into the continuum of what we consider the Goldfrapp opera. Perhaps, it should have been released as an Alison Goldfrapp solo album.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!