Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • I was waiting for her to screw like the women's swim team or college lacrosse team...but sadly, no.
    (Thankgod they didn't fall out at church)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-06-22 23:15:04
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • If only...!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • "Body of Chr...."
  • Pet said:

You Americans always had much better comics than us. 

As a collector of UK girls' comics, I disagree.  Misty was probably the best comic ever.

American comics were (and perhaps still are) full of crap about superheroes.  Meh!

Actually, I saw something on television recently about how rich various American superheroes are supposed to be.  So the message is "rich people will save us".  Yeah, right!

I like the idea of being saved by rich Americans. Reminds me of what has been happening around the world through recent years.
    Meh indeed!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-06-23 14:19:00
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Out of interest Pet, which comics and how do you catalogue them? Do you use software or are you using good old fashioned book and pen?
  • Out of interest Pet, which comics and how do you catalogue them? Do you use software or are you using good old fashioned book and pen?

I've managed to collect complete runs of Misty and Spellbound.  I have fair sized but far from complete collections of Jinty and Tammy.  I have sample issues of a number of others including Penny, Sally and School Friend.  The oldest comics amongst them are some quite early issues of School Friend.  (School Friend, as re-launched in 1950, was the first UK girls' comic as opposed to story paper.)  The bulk of my collection dates to the 1970s and early 1980s.

I'm not the cataloguer I once was, but such cataloguing as I do is with a fountain pen in a notebook.

Here are a couple of internal pages from my copy of Misty issue 2:

• Delete (moved to comics thread)
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-06-24 16:03:39

La Belle et la Bête (Beauty and the Beast)

Beautiful movie! Really sad that the majority of people won't get a proper chance to see it or maybe not even hear about it just because it's French! If this was a Hollywood movie (and it has the productions values of one) it would have made mega bucks at the box office. I know Disney is planning their own live action Beauty movie, they should just license this instead. Well worth a watch!
  • i haven't seen the new version of la belle et la bete, but the 1946 one is just gorgeous. with Belle entering the castle been one of my favourite scenes...
    Post edited by ping at 2014-07-05 02:58:09
  • Last Week - Only Lovers Left Alive
    Wednesday Night - Snowpiercer
    Last Night - Jaws
    Tonight - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-06 03:16:46
  • Tonight - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre...again!
  • Iuventus,

The original or the 2003 remake? The original is my favorite horror film of all time!
  • Oh, hunter...!
  • Uh, what? Am I supposed to know it's the original?

I actually enjoyed the remake (more than I thought I would )...but it didn't come close to the brilliance that os the Tobe Hooper original! :-S
  • You didn't notice the spelling of 'Chain Saw,' as opposed to 'Chainsaw'?

Besides, duh!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!