Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp at Glastonbury!
  • 163 Comments sorted by
  • I can see that they originally broadcast it in a higher resolution and bitrate (audio and video) after comparing the live stream I recorded and the BBCs upload that Carpy ripped . But given that the live stream had frame drops in it , I see little point in uploading the rest of the video I captured , as its a more fulfilling experience to watch the ripped version (even if its resolution is lower) . Playing it back on a TV is far more forgiving than watching it on a PC monitor .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori-Do I have the best version?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• banana said:

Sartori-Do I have the best version?

That depends on your perception of quality , compare the Utopia video I uploaded against the ripped video from Carpy and see what you think - I`d advise against sitting next to your monitor to do so , sit at least 5 or 6 feet back .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

banana said:

Sartori-Do I have the best version?

That depends on your perception of quality , compare the Utopia video I uploaded against the ripped video from Carpy and see what you think - I`d advise against sitting next to your monitor to do so , sit at least 5 or 6 feet back .

Your version is better. Have you a link for the whole show?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• My current bandwidth is being used for Battlefield 4 updating ie no 
  • Missed them on the live broadcast so this is a good option rather than iplayer. Cheers as ever folks.

Seeing Salster made me chuckle :-)
  • in the same video with Alison ... at a Goldfrapp concert everything may happen !
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-07-01 14:18:09
  • Can I have a signed screencapture?
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2014-07-01 14:15:14
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Of course :) I'll pop it in the post ;) 
  • ^ I'm glad to see it didn't go to your head VF, :D. I'm just now getting around to viewing...my week has been insane. Of course the link doesn't work on this dumbass ipad, gonna bust out the laptop.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Loved the rainbow flag, ultrauk!  Sounds like it was worth all the mud, too!
  • Loved the rainbow flag, ultrauk!  Sounds like it was worth all the mud, too!

cheers !
    Music Junkie
  • I downloaded Carpy's recording of the event and we brought it to France with us and watched last night. Great stuff all involved with this 'grab', we thoroughly enjoyed watching and rewound to the bit with VF and the ears!
    I think I have finally worked out just why I find Lovely Head such a beguiling piece. There was Alison, every inch the sophisticated Chanteuse, and then she grabs a second microphone and out pops this other worldly sound. The look on anyone's face who is not expecting this must be a picture. Unique in the current market and I never tire of watching her perform it. Long may it continue in the Goldfrapp live canon.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • finally watched the set on inlayer after a shit wifi 12 hour interruption. looked great. Sounded great. 

Not helping me fill in competency based job application forms though is it Alison? Damn you working wifi.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!