Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Thought I would begin a thread dedicated to rubbishing the things we loathe and despise, or which generally get on our wick! 5 things in order of contempt value ( no 1 being most despicable!). Here're mine:
    1- Michael Goon / Gove
    2- "Reality" TV shows that think it's clever to disrespect animal rights( such as I'm a Numpty Get My Out Of Here)
    3 - Tattoos ( oo, controversial, but sorry, I personally hate em!)
    4- cellulite
    5- Duvet covers ( ironing them and putting the ruddy things on)

I could go on...and on...but I'm showing up customary restraint! What're yours folks?
  • 47 Comments sorted by
  • banana said:

^ I'd love to sit at the kitchen table over cups of tea, and just listen to you talk about anything. Especially sarcasm, that is over the internet. More specifically, how to tell if the other person is being sarcastic or not. And if they are, how do you react. Rise above it, or, give a reply. 

Yeah right ...like thats going to work   ;) 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-06-17 06:52:38
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • banana said:

how can you tell if someone is being honest or is talking HORSESHIT!

How do you tell ? Just listen and have a think as to whether they are misinterpreting opinion as facts at certain points and whether their story/waffle/rant/email makes constant and consistent logical sense , bullshitters just can`t tie stuff together but usually try to use diversion techniques to cover holes , just learn to spot them . I have to do this sort of stuff for a living - it does get tiring . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-06-17 07:09:22
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • banana said:

^@Pet: Now that's what I missed about you. You say what's on your mind and no fucking MENDACITY.

You and another GMB user, Sartori. I secretly wish I could be that strong.

Thank you.  As characters in my novels are apt to say: "The goddesses hate lies."

Perhaps I'm too old to care what people think.
  • she means the National Theatre, her and will are doing the music for an upcoming version of medea. heres the link... http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/medea
  • I was having a look at Goldfrapp tweets and sometimes Alison will say that she is at the, NT. Could someone please tell me what that is?? Many thanks! xx

The NT is the National Theatre.  See here:

• ^ you iron your duvet covers?  :O
  • Reality TV. We could be here sometime. What particularly pisses me off is on progs like Pop Idol where they would bring the worst people back at the end to sing in a group. WAKE UP PEOPLE. They are taking the piss out of you, you did not make it through because you were shit/a moron, sometimes both, and taking part in this is demeaning both to you as a person and us as viewers.
    Are you really that desperate for 5 minutes of fame?
    Britain's Strictly got your Brothers DIY Idol on ice. Lowest denominator TV for the brain dead.
    Popular with Zombie's I hear.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yes Ping....and me PJs :-SS I'm very anally retentive.
  • 1. TV
    2. Radio
    3. Corporate cultures
    4. Governments
    5.Violent video games

No particular order, really.
  • Sexism
    Homophobia
    Racism

The misappropriation of Orwellian concepts into 'reality' TV

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Oooh, I like that last one, though I'm not sure I understand it.

• Sexism
    Homophobia
    Racism

me too B_M. 

ww... theres a reality tv program called 'big brother', i dunno if you have a version in the US? its an absolute awful bag of shite imo.
  • ping said:

Sexism
    Homophobia
    Racism

me too B_M. 

ww... theres a reality tv program called 'big brother', i dunno if you have a version in the US? its an absolute awful bag of shite imo.

That's the one, I'm not even sure what I think of BBC's 'Room 101', I sometimes see the most trivial things being thrown in there ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-06-09 11:43:46
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• The misappropriation of Orwellian concepts into 'reality' TV

Ironic that the title of this thread, "room 101" is also an Orwellian concept from the same book that gave us "Big Brother"
  • ^ it crossed my mind too! Haha. But big brother has to be the worst, no?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!