Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 47 Comments sorted by
  • Pet said:

I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I'd like to nominate Barack Obama to go in Room 101.

Right at the beginning of his first term, he received the Nobel Peace Prize although, as yet, he had done virtually nothing.  I thought at the time that he was awarded it for (a) being black and (b) not being George Bush.  Of course, previous recipients of the prize include Henry Kissinger and lovable old Uncle Joe Stalin.

Amongst Obama's contributions to world peace since receiving the prize are:

1. Doing nothing at all to promote Arab-Israeli peace.
    2. Pulling out of Iraq so precipitately that the unhappy country has ever since suffered terrible sectarian violence and now has an Islamist insurgency that has already released a bloodbath and threatens much worse.
    3. Supporting Libyan rebels with (presumably peaceful) bombing, leading toward more violence and greater instability.
    4. Exacerbating the situation in Syria in his attempt to relaunch the cold war.
    5. Taking further steps to revive the cold war over Ukraine.

Obama receives my award for "Fucked if he did , fucked if he didn`t" .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^@Pet: Now that's what I missed about you. You say what's on your mind and no fucking MENDACITY.

You and another GMB user, Sartori. I secretly wish I could be that strong.
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• banana said:

Rudeness

Two faced people

Gossip

Liars

hiv

Hey Banana. Hope this finds you well my man.
    Like you, I hate two faced people and particularly hypocrites. Liars I can live with. In polite society, we all have to lie a little (little white lies). Have been lucky and never known anyone with HIV but did have a dear friend die if Staphylococcus Meningitas.
    When you work in large groups, I am afraid gossip in inevitable.
    Hope you find your peace in whatever way suits you.

We did our first staff survey about 4yrs ago and they put in several options for receiving news , along with "by gossip" as the `joke` option .....it won (now removed as an option) .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • banana said:

^@Pet: Now that's what I missed about you. You say what's on your mind and no fucking MENDACITY.

You and another GMB user, Sartori. I secretly wish I could be that strong.

I prefer and enjoy it when things sit more in a grey area and open low-key "anything can be said" debates are had , valid points are agreed on and my knowledge is increased and my driving sense of curiosity is sated (ie only if there are no narcissists allowed) . That sort of thing on the internet is quite hard to find now , but they allow you room to grow strong but totally flexible by thinking .

My points above , if I introspected about them , I suppose I`m really projecting the undesirable values I see in named individuals I know and anonomysing them via a numbered list .
  • ^ I'd love to sit at the kitchen table over cups of tea, and just listen to you talk about anything. Especially sarcasm, that is over the internet. More specifically, how to tell if the other person is being sarcastic or not. And if they are, how do you react. Rise above it, or, give a reply.

One last thing, how can you tell if someone is being honest or is talking HORSESHIT!
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Sartori said:

My points above , if I introspected about them , I suppose I`m really projecting the undesirable values I see in named individuals I know and anonomysing them via a numbered list .

And I thought it would have been all one individual.  Actually, on the web, I would expect an abundance of all.
  • banana said:

how can you tell if someone is being honest or is talking HORSESHIT!

Good luck with that.  I fail that test continuously.  Comes from being terribly naive.
  • Sartori said:

And I thought it would have been all one individual.  Actually, on the web, I would expect an abundance of all.

To me , they`re undesirable traits and I attempt to avoid discussion with people with them , its not a who-do-I-dislike-slag-off-something-about-them list and as you note , they`re not exactly rare . 
  • ^ Thanks for that!  Being as gullible as possible, that might help.  I think, just lately, I've started to get a clue.

So, Sartori, I just wanted to make sure to point out a couple of threads that might be of interest.  There are just so many nowadays that I thought you might miss them.
    :
    Soundtracking your Sunday afternoon

The Soundtrack of your life

The second one is quite a bit of a challenge (so much so that I don't know how far I'll get), but fascinating once you start thinking about it.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-17 13:36:58
  • Anyone who claims that he NEVER bullshits is probably being sarcastic, and your reply should be- pull the udder one.
  • Probably not, I made it up? Which proves my statement!! A bit like saying I've never told a single teeny weeny white fib in my life!
  • But liars I truly despise
  • I was having a look at Goldfrapp tweets and sometimes Alison will say that she is at the, NT. Could someone please tell me what that is?? Many thanks! xx
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• ^ Thank you very much for the reply and the link. Ping, I just have to ask, is that a picture of you in your avatar? When I click on your name a larger version appears and it looks like Alison but then again not??
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!