Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • This year has been the most disappointing one I can remember for gigs. In recent years, I would have been to at least a dozen or so by mid-May. In 2014, I've been to 4. But what quality. Anna Calvi & 3 Goldfrapp.

But things are looking up. This Thursday, I'm going to Prince @ The Hydro in Glasgow. Then there's Kate Bush in September. I've also got tickets for First Aid Kit and Little Dragon and can look forward to the likes of Portishead, Beck, & St Vincent at the Electric Picnic Festival in August. T in the Park is in July and there might be one or two decent acts in addition to London Grammar.

Oh, and there's Goldfrapp at Greenwich in August, of course.
  • Nine Inch Nails for me on Wednesday :) cannot wait!
  • Quite possibly going to see Chromeo next Friday (6th June).  I've been trying to get tickets ever since I realised I'm not going to see Arcade Fire on that night anymore! Managed to stalk Twitter a bit and find a random selling them, but as no money has changed hands yet I'm not saying I'm definitely going.... it'll make my year though as they clash with the frapp at Glastonbury and I've been wanting to see them FOREVER. So all cross your fingers please! 
  • ^have you tried @twickets on twitter VF if no luck elsewhere. just a thought.
  • Got tickets for Lissie(solo) and Blonde Redhead.
    Both in Amsterdam.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • ping said:

^have you tried @twickets on twitter VF if no luck elsewhere. just a thought.

I had, there was no one selling them at all (gold dust tickets) but this dude seems pretty genuine, and they're face value.  Think the tickets must have just been posted out so there are a couple  more becoming available now through all the touty sites.  I've got plans to meet this guy over the weekend so we'll see!! (no, I'm not going alone!) 

In other news, just been given a free ticket to see Katy Perry tonight... random but I'm SUPER excited haha. Mock all you like, it'll be one hell of a show! 
  • ^In other news, just been given a free ticket to see Katy Perry tonight... random but I'm SUPER excited haha. Mock all you like, it'll be one hell of a show! 

Free ticket? Churlish not to. What have you got to lose?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-30 14:58:12
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Reviving this topic.

Had an amazing time at the Best Kept Secret festival.
    Some of the highlights:
    Samaris, Broken Twin, Midlake, James Blake, PINS, Slowdive, Metronomy, Chvrches, Angus & Julia Stone, The Notwist and Lykke Li

Next up: Lissie (including an interview)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Yngwie Malmsteen this evening at the Rialto in Tucson. The man is a princess but a genius. If I ever believed in reincarnation, it was tonight. The man is J.S. Bach.

Play Video
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-07-09 03:05:09
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Do you live in Tuscon Iuv?
  • Nearly dead center.
  • We visited your fair city in 2012 on another of our road trips in the USA. We stayed at the Westward Look Resort for a few days and used it as a base to visit the area, including Tombstone, which I had wanted to visit since I was a kid. Yes, we did the shoot out at the OK Corrall experiance ! Unfortunatley, it was late September, so the film studios were closed; another place I wanted to go since watching the 'High Chaperall'. I love Arizona and it has featured on a couple of holidays over the last 10 years. Appy is a great fan of Frank Lloyd Wright so we visited Talliesan West and the Biltmore. Have great memories of Phoenix as well.  Last time there, we ended up in 'Cooper Town' at Alice Cooper's restaurant, which was a surreal experiance.  Look forward to coming back sometime.  I would post a picture of the neon cactus in the middle of the road in your town but do not have access to all my photos in France. I am sure you can oblige for those on the board that love Kitsch !
  • Here you go UT - I have all 1653 pics of that excursion. Although not the illuminated version.

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I've no idea where that saguaro sign is.
  • Here you go can't miss it!

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!