Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I like the cut of your jib rewak, you talk a lot of sense
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Yay WW and Whisperit (I love you guys) :x! Rewak, don't you ever question the military system? It is a structured hierarchy that promotes killing and violence. They break down the psyche and rebuild it for killing purposes. Are you saying women are the ones in charge of doing that? I don't think so. Across the board even in different cultures, a boy doesn't become a man until a rite of passage...which usually involves some type of inflicted pain. It's the older males brainwashing the younger ones, or intimidating them. The asshole alpha...*searches for tainted meat*...in the bunch.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The hunting-for-sport drive is primarily a male thing... and it's disgusting. Unbelievable that these men are so proud - especially having killed an endangered species.
  • The hunting-for-sport drive is primarily a male thing... and it's disgusting. Unbelievable that these men are so proud - especially having killed an endangered species.

That's because they are of low intelligence. They lack empathy for others; especially animals, so all are probably borderline psychopaths, oh, and Americans by the look of it. I am sure their Mothers are proud of them. Anyone with any common sense will see them as Dick's.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-24 19:28:19
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I know some of you guys are getting defensive, but all you have to do is open a history book. The world has been shaped by wars. Horrific destruction caused by the hands of man. The military and hunting is mostly a boys club, correct. Killing almost seems to be a type of survival drive. You have to admit, War culture was created by men. It is accepted and even honored. I'm surprised you are still blind to this.

Why do you think men are made to cut their hair when entering military service? They are being transformed into something else outside of civilian life..they are being trained how to kill. It is honored and celebrated. Look at how proud those fuckers are with the rhino...it's their trophy. It makes me sad to see a woman want to prove herself by joining in. It makes me sick actually.

If anything, I'm curious as to why. Why do we encourage it? Why hasn't this been seen as a huge flaw within the psyche? It is human nature and in its duality, it has lost direction. War keeps Peace?..no, War is Death. Don't you find it odd that killing and violence are more accepted in movies and tv shows than sex? Violence over pleasure? I honestly don't understand it.
    U R I E L
  • We don't simply encourage it; we plant the seed and nourish it. We do so because we're ignorant of the nature of our existence and we don't trust our fellow humans to love and care for us. And by 'we' I mean 'you.'
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Haha! Maybe I've been watching too much on the 'History' channel. I don't get why you guys are in denial. I'm not accusing 'you' directly..it's simply fact that brute force has shaped the world.
    U R I E L
  • Not at all in denial. However, if you think that women aren't as responsible as men for war and destruction, then you don't observe the world around you with much scrutiny. Indeed, it's the male young we send to blow each other's limbs off because they are generally better suited physically for the job. Women encourage the required psychological qualities in both their lovers and offspring--just as the same men's fathers and brothers do. There are explanations, both anthropological and metaphysical, for why most cultures have evolved from basically matriarchal to basically patriarchal. You should realize that, as civilizations progress, that will balance out (and not just regarding sex and gender). Read up on it if you want a better understanding of why men are seemingly in the position of control today; it's far too involved to explain here. And sure it's debatable, especially if you want to blame and shame. We tend to be lazy as a species; so, sociological change is slow in coming. There are many men and women of every so-called race and ethnicity working diligently to affect that very change rather than whimpering about it on a music forum. I don't think that either Rewak or I feel directly targeted. Although I was involved in more than one bar brawl in my youth, I'm likely the last of those I know to raise a hand, let alone a weapon, to anyone today. I might presume that he, as I am, is just disconcerted by the lack of depth and impartiality in the discussion.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-04-25 08:54:37
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • My own personal vision of when mankind has really shown that it is better than the other lifeforms around, is when there is not a single human left that desires or requires to lead or be led.  And, mankind will really succeed when the highest loyalty for everone is to humanity, followed closely by loyalty to their fellow human.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-26 07:44:05
  • Hahaha! You guys are hilarious! No one truly wants to look at it, it's simply accepted. Governments are run by militaries which impose force. Yeah, let's train our young adults to kill! It's fine, they're "young"...we can break down their psyche, use them...who cares if they come back with missing limbs and post traumatic stress disorder! Who cares about them! It's about us, the Alpha male! We can send them in to do our bidding, because we don't want to die ourselves! Hahaha..utterly backwards! Humanity has a loooong way to go. It's about time for a Matriarchy.

I'm thinking about doing an art installation. Maybe taking old deactivated land mines and other weaponry and making them into sex devices. Maybe drill a hole in a land mine where you can stick your dick in. As you're fucking this device of destruction, maybe a thought or two will pop into your head.
    U R I E L
  • Different for girls (Joe Jackson) has just popped up on the iPod - how appropriate. I'm with rewak on this one. In my many years I have witnessed good and evil in both men and women. I believe men are in the powerful positions due to social stereotype rather than aggressive alpha male ego and where's that driven from - parenting which I believe to be male and female responsibility. Most kids are cared for by the Mother in the early years so why isn't there a predominance of the feminine trait in our society? Just saying.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Oh, and they should be installed at military bases. (I really want to do this :D )
    U R I E L
  • It's brainwashing Appy. The young mind is pliable. War is seen as honorable. They've been brainwashed.
    U R I E L
  • Jeronimoo - great news... And as I'm feeling a bit giddy game show now on champers (darling,...it's me birthday or near enough)... Then I'll cough on a few bubbles for you too. I've just tied the champagne cork to the bathroom light pull lol- that's classy lesbian chic that is!!
  • Thanks @KatRobin! & Have fun with the champers in the bathroom (or somewhere else)!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!