Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

Just got invited to the Pub, so I'm feeling a little better.

Don't get lost on your way back, and by all means, don't leave anything behind.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Don't worry, I put everything back into my purse before leaving... ;)

(Although I have misplaced my handcuff keys before)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-04-17 19:52:56
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • You know what they say: out of the public house, into the purse.
  • Aww i'm feeling you Pony! Well, not literally but, you know what I mean. Have a fun night out. Enjoy the intense roller coaster ride of hormone rush! Why fight it?! Just let it take you, as GF would say :D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ Thankyou sweetheart.. >:D< . I think if men could go through a similar emotional intensity every month, there wouldn't be any war. We get that energy out in cycles...men store it up and it comes out as some huge fucking world war. So who's really more psycho...a woman on her period or a man with pent up rage?! Here's to men being more emotional...here here!
    U R I E L
  • I am cold and a little befuddled.
  • I've been off work for 2 days. Nasty intestinal bug on Tuesday, passing nothing but water (Ew!). Feeling better today but not allowed back to work for 48 hours due to cross infection risk (thanks boss) so been working from home; as has Mrs T. who always works from home on a Wednesday. Gave me a chance to catch up with the board.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hope you get better soon.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw37frapp said:

Hope you get better soon.

Thanks. Would not wish it on anyone. Better today and back to work tomorrow. Whoopee!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ponygurl said:

We get that energy out in cycles...men store it up and it comes out as some huge fucking world war. So who's really more psycho...a woman on her period or a man with pent up rage?! Here's to men being more emotional...here here!

I don't disagree but the question is where does that pent-up rage come from?  And, while you might call it stored energy, I think it is something else, altogether, that gets pent up.
  • What do you think it is WW?! Btw, I really do enjoy talking with you. I can only see from my female perspective. I see (some) men brainwash women into believing they are unstable, emotional creatures while men literally create Hell on Earth over and over again with their Wars.

There is a dark side within the Human male. I have experienced it. I can say "testosterone"...but is that really it?! If emotion is not getting pent up, what is? It can't be sexual in nature can it? I mean men can jerk off whenever they want and release sexual tension. Power and control then? Is it competition amongst males? If a male is smaller or weaker must they make up for it in power? It's just a spiritual shame that all of life suffers during these power struggles. Brute force is so unevolved...and yet still present. Tell me your take on the dark side of males and human nature....I'm interested.
    U R I E L
  • I think it's a build up of ennui at the female gender constantly referring to us like we're some species of animal rather than fellow human beings.
  • It's just their way, Rewak. It helps them come across as victims (It's all the rage these days.). If you play along in the public forum, it makes for some mighty raucous humor at our private chauvinism meetings.
  • Haha! You guys can live in your dream world if you want..but history speaks volumes! Besides, I'm talking War. Men do become animals. Destruction, rape, pillage, plunder...over and over and over...throughout history. I'm not talking "you guys" personally...I'm just trying to figure out why this has been allowed to happen over centuries. What's inside of it. The "dark" side. The duality. You know it's there. Men have made a military system out of it. I'm just wondering "WHY?"
    U R I E L
  • Evolution, babe. Plus, the complete rewriting of history.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!