Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Following the runaway success of this thread, and the outpouring of sympathy over the death of Peaches Geldoff and condolences towards her father, Bob (not), I thought I would change this thread to a general RIP slot for people to post respect following the sad loss of any celebs from the musical world.
    Thanks to cw37frapp for his ( only) support on the original thread. Just you and me mate!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-12 18:38:35
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • 353 Comments sorted by

• Very sad to hear this. Did not have any real knowledge of Peaches but no parent want's to outlive their children. Feel sorry for Bob.

• Awful news. So young.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Just been watching Arena, Amy Winehouse, the day she came to Dingle and it reminded me just what a fabulous singer she was when she could stay of the drugs and the sauce. Her performance on this program of Back to Black and Love is a Losing Game are stunning, backed up by just a guitar and bass. Sadly missed.
  • Amy's death still makes me sad.  If you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend checking out her appearance on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.  Her appearance showcases not only her wickedly sharp sense of humor, but also her very sweet, kind nature which wasn't always apparent under the haze of drugs and drink. 

PART 1 HERE: http://youtu.be/xRSQcbNBPiY
  • Amy Winehouse had a amazing voice.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I recall buying Frank in 2003 on the back of hearing Stronger than Me on some late night radio show - probably driving back from some corner of the Country. Always a sucker for a great female vocalist with 'something' different. I blame Ronson for taking her into the BigTime which probably killed her in the end.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

I recall buying Frank in 2003 on the back of hearing Stronger than Me on some late night radio show - probably driving back from some corner of the Country. Always a sucker for a great female vocalist with 'something' different. I blame Ronson for taking her into the BigTime which probably killed her in the end.

What, the lighter manufacturer?

• Yer that's right mate - smoked herself to death I heard - Mark Ronson was the geezer who made her famous
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Geezer? Is that Appy61 from the North of England; God's country?
    Ronson may have giving Amy production but a voice like that came from heaven. Hell of a band up there I here.
  • Uhf! Still get so sad when I listen to Back To Black (I just listened all the way thru two nights ago, one of my favorite albums)...such a huge talent, would have loved to see where she would have gone with her art had she stayed with us longer.
  • My best Amy song is f..k me pumps. And the video for it too. That does not remind me about what happened to her. The song and vid are cheeky. Really makes me laugh. How about you lot ?.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • The Urban Tribesmen (Mr & Mrs) and the Appy61's have been in the Smoke today, as it was both the Appy's birthdays this week. (Appy's birthdays geddit?). We went for afternoon tea at the Raddison Edwardian Vanderbilt in Kensington. We thought the place needed a bit of class! Being so close, it seemed churlish not to walk 700 metres (about 2,250 feet for our American GMBers) and visit Garden Lodge, 1 Logan Place, the former home of Freddie Mercury of Queen.
    Probably the greatest band frontman ever. He certainly knew how to control a crowd and Mrs Urban T and I (to avoid another anti biotic gag), saw his last gig with Queen at Knebworth and he had 120,000 people eating out of the palm of his hand.
    Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball
    Don't stop me now, if you wanna have a good time, just give me a call
    Don't stop me, 'cause I'm having a good time
    Don't stop me , yes I'm having a good time
    I don't wanna stop at all.
    Freddie Mercury, floating around in ecstasy, RIP.
    Will post a photo when I get to a computer that allows me to do this :-?
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • Ok, so I'm just waiting around for Wilko Johnson. Poor bugger.
    Until then, have a look here. 

8-X
  • Bob Marley, who died today in 1981.
    'Money can't buy you life' were his last words to his son, Ziggy. Bizarrely, in Bob's case, it may have done. He died of cancer, which started under one of his toe nails. Doctors advised he have the toe amputated but Bob refused, citing religious grounds. Really? - Rastafarianism is a free and easy religion which advocates the taking of marijuana but is strict enough to prevent you having early, life saving surgery? This is one of the reasons religion and I have only an informal, nodding aquaintence.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!