Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Songs that would be fitting for Goldfrapp to cover/re-interpret?
  • 85 Comments sorted by
  • 'Tainted Love'?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

'Tainted Love'?

I don't see why not, Marc Almond made it his own back in the day, and a lot of covers have ensued since, I quite like the My Ruin version.  Well related,IF we could have a soft cell number I'd like 'where did our love go'...
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Alan said:

'Tainted Love'?

I don't see why not, Marc Almond made it his own back in the day, and a lot of covers have ensued since, I quite like the My Ruin version.  Well related,IF we could have a soft cell number I'd like 'where did our love go'...

My favorite version is by Marilyn Manson.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

I was trying to remeber the other kinda metal/goth/industrial version I knew besides My Ruin, so that's the one thanks Alan ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Alan said:

I was trying to remeber the other kinda metal/goth/industrial version I knew besides My Ruin, so that's the one thanks Alan ;)

You're welcome.
  • id like them to have a stab at this... i think strings in it by Will would be gorgeous.

We have all the time in the world

• going back to the Black Cherry Supernature era will do me perfectly.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • My heart belongs to daddy - Marilyn Monroe

I think they could make it super sexy slowed down with some strings thrown in! Perfection!

But my all time, most wanted cover is to hear Alison's rendition of Malambo No 1 - Yma Sumac.
  • A little obvious choice but I would be delighted to hear Goldfrapp doing an eerie cover-duet of "Where The Wild Roses Grow" with Antony Hegarty and "Summer Wine" with K.D.Lang. After hearing the snippets and bits of new album I think that would suit the new material like a glove;-D
    I also would love Goldfrapp to do Myslovitz's "W Deszczu Maleńkich Żółtych Kwiatów" which means something along the lines "in a rain of tiny yellow flowers",I would die if I could hear her attempting to sing in Polish;-D
    Post edited by Jules at 2013-07-21 05:51:05
  • Be patient.
  • 'We Are The People' by Empire Of The Sun
  • The Bodyform Song:

Whoooooooa Bodyfo-orm,
    Shaped for confidence,
    Shaped for comfort,
    Shaped for yououououou

• ^ I'd prefer 'maybe she's born with it, maybe it's maybeline'
  • Sticking with the ad theme: they could cover this:

• Being a baker employed here would give me a real thrill for Alison to make this jingle fresh again. Always Fresh. Sorry, had to. Also sticking with the ad theme too!

Post edited by Slippage at 2013-07-27 20:35:35

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!