Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Songs that would be fitting for Goldfrapp to cover/re-interpret?
  • 85 Comments sorted by

• some of my posts have apparently disappeared, 

Ive noticed that if a post gets voted up , then it jumps around the thread like its listening to House of Pain
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-13 11:10:45
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Anything by Fleetwood Mac......but I thought that was released as Head First ?
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

some of my posts have apparently disappeared, 

Ive noticed that if a post gets voted up , then it jumps around the thread like its listening to House of Pain

Aahh cool, and hello Satori welcome back, good to see you again ;)

I note that I have only chosen songs my male singers/bands. I mentioned Tori Amos covering Slayer, I love her covers album 'strange little girls', each song was originally by a male artist and that was her intention, probably my favorite covers album by any artist.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Sartori said:

some of my posts have apparently disappeared, 

HINT: All depends on the sorting style at the top right of the threads main column.

You can choose between ordering by "Votes" or "Date Added" and this then sort all the replies to the original post that started the thread. I'd suggest the date one as best option to read through in order.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • The very first time I heard the latest Lower Dens album I hit "Nova Anthem" and immediately wanted a Goldfrapp cover. It has moments set up perfectly for Alison to use her MumbleVoice and some amazing parts dotted through where she could open up like a siren. That's the mythological type, obviously.

Even the stream-of-conciousness lyrics are almost Frappian in subject & style:-

immortal electric infinite universe animal soulless place controlled by
    emotion outthink, displace evolve, escape mutate, deface disguise,
    outpace devious underground ruling class shifting tongues outthink,
    displace disguise, outpace open fire or evolve, mutate the whole
    shit-house goes up in flames this is war to exterminate electric storms
    of violence sweep the planet time to escape puppeteers camouflage
    criminal interests devious animals controlled by shifting tongues

The original is a stunning, stunning thing but a cover given their treatment could be a real show-stopper.

Thoughts?
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-13 14:24:21
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Just a couple of quick thoughts Carpathian, love the video and the words, thanks for sharing again ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Song of the Siren...This Mortal Coil

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-06-14 05:57:17
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ride and Summertime Sadness stand out to me particularly. Alison's vocal range really enables a wide selection of coverable tunes which would sound divine. 
  • @Slippage my stand-outs: American, Queen of Disaster, Off to The Races, Million Dollar Man, Without You, Dark Paradise.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Now THERE's one I've forgotten! Without You would be great. They'd really all be quite amazing. 

And once Lana's new album comes out there will likely be more 
  • @Slippage would you say Queen of Disaster is a sneak peek of the upcoming album?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It very well could be a small glimpse of the upcoming album, or a b-side from Born To Die/Paradise. It's obviously not an official single but perhaps it will be featured on the album?
  • Can't wait. It's such a great uplifting song. Been spinning around to it all day long. 
  • I feel like Alison might have enough of a sense of humor to go completely out of left field and do something totally different like "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne, "T.G.I.F." by Katy Perry, or "I Love It" by Charli XCX for shits and giggles. 
  • Right now any Siouxsie song, but Arabian Nights would do nicely
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!