Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Songs that would be fitting for Goldfrapp to cover/re-interpret?
  • 85 Comments sorted by
  • Eurythmics - Love is a stranger

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • crap. there was a song i was listening to not long ago and thought how much i'd love for Frapp to cover. it'll come to me when i remember it.
  • Wouldn't it be nice if Goldfrapp covered Rihanna's 'Stay'?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I'd much rather S&M, imagine a Yes Sir/Physical style slow waltzing version of that with Alison purring over it.
  • I miss Alison's seductive, growling sex goddess image to be honest (Think Black Cherry/Supernature, those incredible black boots, the black little stewardess hat, the way she'd sing some songs with orgasmic breathiness, etc (deep honey, let it take you, SLIPPAGE.). She seemed to be having such a good time doing that at one point. As much as I ADORE the theme of Tales Of Us, I hope one day she returns for one last hurrah to show modern dance music how it's done. It would give the band attention that they deserve, bigger venues, more income and more possibilities for future work. Just a thought...
  • I think Alison's strongly indicated that the aesthetics you desire are gone, she's pretty much said no more mini skirts. I've also read her comments about frustration that her look was taking over from the music. I agree with you that it would be nice to have a more electro/dance type album again, but Alison can wear what she likes as far as I am concerned, but you know opinions eh, we've all got em......
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Oh yes absolutely! I agree that she's free to explore her style in any way as possible, which is what makes her more exciting; you never know what she's gonna do next? I just meant that those days were great, and it would be nice to see a return to it some day, but in a new form, a form that makes her comfortable and excited, not something that overtakes the music. I remember these comments made by her a while back, and can't say I blame her to be honest. It's about the music after all :) 

Maybe one day they'll "get down" again and do something really electronic, without the mini skirts but with a more mature, refined form. 

But then again, a breath of fresh air is never a bad thing! 
  • you are right, I guess we just never know what is next and they could get away with anything they want really ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I fell in love with her seductress look to be fair but then I loved her look for Supernature and then Seventh Tree. Think she could pull any look off realistically speaking. But if we're looking for things they could cover, I reckon China Girl by David Bowie, possibly Man Who Sold the World. Or even stuff by Ladytron. The possibilities are endless.
  • Adele's 'Skyfall'
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • ^ YES

Just yes to this. I always thought Skyfall had a bit of a Felt Mountain feel to it.
  • Loupy said:

^ YES

Just yes to this. I always thought Skyfall had a bit of a Felt Mountain feel to it.

Although I like Adele's version very much. 
  • Something by AC/DC would be good, High Voltage would be great.
  • 'Call Me Maybe'

It's a great tune.
  • Only time I'd voluntarily listen to Call Me Maybe. :P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!