Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kate Bush - Before the Dawn (was the spoiler-free thread)
  • 156 Comments sorted by
  • Kate: "part of the show centres around The Ninth Wave". Sufuckingperb! :-)

Someone calculated that there are a total of 13,620 sets of 4 tickets available (ie 54,480 individual tix).

But... does anyone know how many of those are earmarked for pre-sale? And how many ppl have pre-sale codes I wonder?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-25 20:35:56
  • Does anyone know of the Copthorne Tara at Kensington, or at least of the general vicinity? Would it be a safe and pleasant area to stay?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Kate: "part of the show centres around The Ninth Wave". Sufuckingperb! :-)?

Where did she say that Jack?
  • ^ From the website, apparently. It was in relation to some people mentioning the unfortunate link between the tour photo and the MH370 ditched plane.

A message from Kate...

Hallo everyone,

I was working all day yesterday and so was totally unaware of the reaction, apart from friends who'd told me it had all gone bonkers....I am completely overwhelmed and genuinely shocked by the incredibly positive response from everyone. Thank you!

I am however rather concerned at some comments that have been passed on to me and I feel I should clarify my position.... The image that was chosen to advertise the shows originates from a conceptual piece called The Ninth Wave that was released in 1985. It is about a woman who is lost at sea but is rescued in the end. Months ago I thought that, as part of the show centres around this musical piece, it would hopefully make a dramatic shot. The timing is really unfortunate. There is absolutely no connection with the current tragedy that is heading the news and I apologise from the bottom of my heart if this has in any way upset or at all offended anyone.

Thank you again to everyone who has responded so warmly to the announcement of the shows.

With best wishes,

Kate
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-25 21:39:03
  • What kind of schmuck would even suggest that Kate was mocking, or otherwise exploiting, a real world plane crash? Someone is obviously just trying to put a damper on this glorious event. She should have just told them to fuck off.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-03-25 22:19:17
  • Ahhh.... Well its good that she is looking back........
  • As long as she doesn't leave out "Lake Tahoe," that is.
  • Or Among Angels....or This Woman's Work.....or King Of The mountain..... Oh dear lord too many moments of pleasure!
  • You're unbelievable, Chokka!
  • Gutted I had tickets in my basket and couldn't get my details in quick enough :(
  • woo - got my tickets - am beyond happy and so so so relieved
  • Tickets confirmed…will be attending Wednesday evening, September 10!

• I have purchased tickets for Saturday 6th September! Jeez,I was crapping myself whilst entering payment details.Hands shaking,sweaty palms...or that could be the thought of seeing Goldfrapp this weekend.
  • I've never been so panic stricken or had such shaky hands when buying tickets before........
  • OMG I tried again and managed to get some! Think I might vomit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!