Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kate Bush - Before the Dawn (was the spoiler-free thread)
  • 156 Comments sorted by
  • I don't know why but I think the first and last dates will be the ones to go first, though given the level of demand its all relative!

Sadly I suspect these 15 dates are pretty much going to be it...
  • I'm rended completely. It's such an expensive trip, but it's Kate...
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ...you know I would have only gone circa Hounds of Love and then maybe Ariel ...but now it would spoil the magic for me. Maybe i'm not a 'real' fan. If I lived in London I may do but not with the travel. INtrigued to see what she does though.

I have seen a few bands that I missed at their peak, i.e. saw them 10/15 years later, and only Pixies and Chamelons ever did it for me. The rest just didn't work, often the songs sounded great but they were different people (too desperate for cash or too comfortable in life so the spark from when I was a fan in various ways.

I think the good thing with Kate Bush is it is just 15 gigs. Full Stop. With Chamelons and Pixies they were both the first part of the reunion tours (chameleons first gig) so they had an air of event and the bands were both so happy to be there (a shock seeing Pixies smile). Saw Pixies on 6music recently and they just didn't have the edge anymore. So that is a plus for Bush.

• I've got a code as well. If I'm lucky enough to get a ticket in the pre-sale, then I have to fight the complicated work, travel, family issues to get there...hopefully the ball will roll to me :)
    ISOBEL
  • Cunning song reference there isobel.... :)
  • I know! Like, wow!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm already feeling ill with nerves lol I've also got a presale code.....ahhh the pressure
  • Good luck in getting Bush tickets everyone. The whole world seems to be chasing them. Expect Seetickets website to go into complete meltdown.Its gonna be worse than trying for a Glasto tkt :(
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-03-25 14:20:16
    Music Junkie
  • I see some opportunist got £40 for their unique pre-sale email code, I'm not quite sure how that works though. Big question is will ALL the tickets be allocated for the fan pre-sale ??:(
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • 40 quid eh??? Shady...
  • Make that 52 quid!!!
    The sad thing is I don't see how anyone other than the person with that email address can use the code, tragic really.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-03-25 16:15:54
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • The codes are non transferable, it says on the email. Although how they can tell I don't know.

I got a pre sale code! Tomorrow morning is going to be full on. I hope everybody's balls roll ;-)

• Talk about "lolling ze ball"... this is hilarious (and yes, that really is Kate dancing):

• I'm not a privileged pre-sale person myself, but came across the relevant e-mail, which explains how they are limiting tix to those long-standing subscribers:

We are contacting you as you are eligible to participate in the fan pre-sale for the "Before the Dawn" concerts in August & September 2014 at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith 48 hours ahead of the general ticket sale on 28th March 2014.

Please visit www.eventim.co.uk at 9.30am on 26th March 2014, locate the show you’d like to attend,
    select the fan pre-sale from the drop-down menu and enter the unique access code below for your chance to purchase tickets to one of the shows:

Access code: xxxxxxxx

**ACCESS CODES ARE STRICTLY ONE USE ONLY AND SHOULD BE ENTERED AS DISPLAYED ABOVE IN LOWER CASE. IF YOU LEAVE THE PAGE AND TRY TO USE THE CODE AGAIN IT WILL BE INVALID.**

**THE ACCESS CODE WILL BE INVALID IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM KATEBUSH.COM**

**ALL NEW SIGNEES TO THE KATEBUSH.COM MAILING LIST FROM 00:00AM ON 1ST MARCH 2014 WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRE-SALE TICKETS**

This event is for fans only and the following rules are in place to ensure that tickets do not get sold on and fans do not pay a higher price for their tickets.

• Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just 1 of the 15 concerts, or 1 ticket for 4 separate shows. All tickets MUST be purchased in the same transaction in order for the access code to remain valid.

• The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.

• The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule.

• If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.

• Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.

• Age Restriction: 14+ (ALL UNDER 16's MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)

As the number of tickets reserved is limited they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Sadly this means that not everyone receiving this offer has a guarantee of securing a ticket during the
    pre-sale, but anyone who doesn’t manage to get one will still be able to try again when general tickets go on sale at 9.30am 28th March 2014.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-25 19:27:45
  • All well and good in theory but i've heard this ID on the door line before and not once have i heard of it actually being enforced so we'll see. I'm not going myself, not really a fan, but good luck to all those who try for tickets!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!