Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kate Bush - Before the Dawn (was the spoiler-free thread)
  • 156 Comments sorted by
  • Whatever shall I wear?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • An airline seat?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Or just the belt.
  • chokka said:

I've had a look..... I have a code too......

Hi Chocka

where did you get the fan pre-sale email from, would be very much obliged to you to find this

cheers
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • You need to have been on the official Kate Bush mailing list since before 1st March 14 to have been sent one :)
  • Damn, but thanks anyway, hope I am lucky
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • They do seem to be doing things in a logical manner, in terms of ticket allocation.

Logical, however, doesn't benefit me. Although I've been buying KB albums since 1978, I never subscribed to the newsletters etc, so no pre-sale code for me :-(

Who'd a thunk, after all these years, she'd venture back on stage?! (Yes, I know there's been the odd appearance, not least the "Do bears..." duet, lol.)
  • If I can wrangle the nerve to commit myself to a trans-Atlantic flight, I'll likely purchase two tickets. Some lucky Brit will benefit, as I doubt anyone I know would make the trip with me.
  • chokka said:

You need to have been on the official Kate Bush mailing list since before 1st March 14 to have been sent one :)

Bugger.......Oh well guess I'll be hitting the refresh button on the 28th. Wonder how many people are subscribed to her website then........
  • Is there being any new releases ?. I wish there were dates all over the UK.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • People of a certain age need to brace themselves for my following comment. It'll make you creak and reach for your zimmers.

I work with somebody young enough that they just asked "Who's Kate Bush? Would I know anything by her?"

Yeah, I know. Ouch.

We're not all like that, I swear :(

• 'course not! We have google, wikipedia and things like that....  ;)
  • There is a god!

I can't remember the exact reason that I missed her Scottish gigs on the '79 tour but I do recall saying that I'd catch her next time she played. Who'd have thought it would be 35 years before I got the chance?

Mind you, what are the chances of getting a ticket? I suspect demand will be something like that for Led Zeppelin's O2 gig a few years ago and with a fan pre-sale confirmed, the odds are very slim, indeed.

But there's a glimmer of hope. I'll be in Manchester on Friday morning, preparing to head down to Brighton. But I reckon it'll only take a few minutes before all tickets are gone so I'll chance my arm in the internet cafe and with my Nexus trying to make a booking as well.

I'm on holiday in August but extending it a few days means that I'm going to go for Wednesday 3rd September. And if I get a ticket...well, there's definitely a god :)
    Post edited by KeithJ_gmb at 2014-03-23 17:58:56
  • Not sure about anyone else's hoped-for date-to-attend... but David Baxter and myself (via David) are gonna try for the final show (Fri 19 Sept). I think he will also be aiming to snatch the first gig.
  • What are the chances she'll come to the US?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!