Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Kate Bush - Before the Dawn (was the spoiler-free thread)
  • 156 Comments sorted by
  • It could've been worse.... Whenever I tell people I'm a fan they feel compelled to sing Wuthering Heights at me.........

It's worse than the whole Bjork/It's Oh So Quiet thing....
  • To be fair to "young people" there was a huge gap in her releases from the early 90s until the mid 2000s.  And, of course, her cultural impact had waned by then so it's quite understandable that some people could have grown up without any real exposure to her music.  And thank God.  We don't need any further competition.  This is going to be a total nightmare.  It's not just the UK.  You better believe people from all over the world are going to be trying to score tickets.  The one thing gives me a TINY glimmer of hope is this info from the poster:

"Tickets are limited to 4 per booking and photo ID will be required to be presented by the lead booker upon arrival at the venue on the night of the show." 

Would assume that makes it harder for the scalpers and the secondary market, right?  Has anyone been to a gig with this type of requirement?  I totally understand why they're doing it, but it kind of means ticket buyers cannot resell or even gift tickets purchased in their name if they're unable to attend.  Unless I'm misreading.  

BTW, the poster art is GORGEOUS.  
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2014-03-21 10:31:37
  • It's not the ticket price that'll make this impossible for many, it'll be the actual chance of getting a ticket!

Just work out haw many rabid fans will want one or more considering there's a backlog of want since 1979 - that'll be a whole heap of refresh buttons being hit on the morning they go on sale. The interWWWebs won't know what hit them.

+ touts + ebay twats = 0
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Well let's try! It'd be nice if just one of us frappers managed to get to see Kate.....
  • fuck.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I work with somebody young enough that they just asked "Who's Kate Bush? Would I know anything by her?"
    Yeah, I know. Ouch.

I'd have thought this barely believable, but a certain Alan who used to post here... has just remarked elsewhere: "Never heard of Kate Bush before". Zoiks!
  • That's not surprising. Even many grown-ups in the US haven't heard of her.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Wow - this is AMAZING!!!  Also - just received an email re: a fan pre-sale on tickets starting March 26!
  • Kate Bush fan or GF fan?  Either way, it's brilliant!  People taking care of their fans and sticking it to the scalpers.  How nice!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-03-21 12:44:12
  • Theres a presale?? Oh fuck... No chance then!
  • KB fan, whickwithy...appears that pre-sale codes are specific to fan email addresses and are not transferable.

• ^ bugger. :(
  • I cannot afford it. But I LOVE HER LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS..........
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I've got a pre-sale email with a code.Still think getting tickets will be a nail biting affair.

• I've had a look..... I have a code too......

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!