Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cinema event in the USA
  • 71 Comments sorted by
  • yes Laurel was my least favorite....but wow.....

LOL parking in L.A. yes......

• I literally had to drive in circles to find a parking spot. Everything looks so tiny. I'm just used to drive in the freeway and park at malls - the humiliation bcs I cannpt property parallel park.
    I told you how I felt the earth could move.
  • oponn5, yup, parking sucks in LA.  People bang on about the traffic, but it's the parking that sucks.  Rule of thumb, don't expect free parking on a night out in LA.  Anyway, it's one of the reasons I use public transport so much in LA.  Unfortunately Long Beach to Burbank would be 2 1/2 hours on public transport just one way.  
  • For a night out, I drive. If it's an event during day Horse Tearz, then public transport it is. $5 to ride all day (metro and subway) sounds way better than $20 of gas.
  • 2.5 hours is how long it took my friend and i to drive to NoHo from Long Beach on Tuesday in traffic.....at least on rail you can listen to music or read :)
  • Wasn't Westwood closer Stevil? I guided myself through google maps. I got the 710 S, then 105 W, 405 N towards Santa Monica. I ended up getting lost of course. Google Maps enjoys sending me to dark and lonely places; but it was all worth it.
  • yes it was LOL but i sort of wanted to see how NoHo has been developing :)

• I've only been at NoHo during the day and it looks like a deserted mess. I'm guessing you went to the theater close to the Art Institute?
  • yes 
  • they still keep adding dates and locations for encores in the U.S. i can't believe that it's playing 2 blocks from me at the ART THEATER in Long Beach, California for 3 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! march 25, 26, 27.......i may just book all 3 dates.....so freaking excited.....can't wait to see it again

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!