Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cinema event in the USA
  • 71 Comments sorted by
  • Um, why not just drive to NYC? Besides, I'd bet that they book something in Boston soon.

Meanwhile... *calls a waaaambulance*
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You know they do have to find a theater with a satellite willing to spare a screen for the alloted time in a country where they haven't really seen a lot of success. I think your anger should be directed elsewhere.

• ^^ Regarding above Facebook Post

I think if it were actually up to the band they would stream their concert into every movie house on the globe if they could. Demanding public apologies from them for getting "kicked in the stomach, and screwed over" seems a bit shrill, and what a huge rant! Glad I don't have Facebook. I feel your disappointment, but hell, they have NEVER played in my state, so consider yourself lucky.
    I dont know man...Why don't you just use it as an excuse to travel? Don't get so upset, life is short.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-08 19:23:18
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Can't be too long of a drive to the city.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-02-08 19:10:33
  • Jesus Christ, Utopia.  What's next?  You going to mail Alison one of your ears?   
  • oh the arclight would have been awesome.....but i'm still going to NoHo

• Ha.  I lived in LA for nearly 5 years and have never been to North Hollywood.  Perhaps it's time!  I'm going to wait to see if a more desirable location gets added, though.  I doubt NoHo is going to sell out.  
  • no..no it won't.....arclight arclight arclight....they're artsy ;) 

• Yeah, they're also a bit risk adverse.  I think we'd be more likely to get somewhere a bit more independent.  Like, well, The Independent in downtown.  They've done some of the live performing arts telecasts like National Theatre etc.  
  • Well it's finally listed on Fandango, I've been checking it for days now. They added Hollywood FL it looks like. I wonder if they'll keep adding more theaters then?
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • The latest e-mail says, "Cities announced so far include..." That might offer you hope, Utop.
  • Looks like they're still releasing locations...

Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-02-21 15:23:35
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Utopia304 said:

I have let the band know how I feel about this in a post on Facebook, I know nothing will come of it but felt SOMEONE has to let Goldfrapp know that as long time supporters this just plain Sucks !!

As much as I'd like to agree, at least for Maine, I can't.  Heck there are more trees in Maine than people.  More people go through the Shinjuku subway station in a day than live in Maine.  More people work in the Tokyo government buidling than live in the city of Portland, ME.  I take the good with the bad.  If I want to live surrounded by more trees than people, I can't expect to get the best shows, really.
  • can't wait.......just reading until the day

• Any Southern Californians going to the LA area showings?  They've picked terrible cinemas.  I have to imagine the venues were chosen by folks with no knowledge of the local markets.  I'm afraid that, even in LA, we're going to have a low turnout.  
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2014-02-27 17:48:30

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!