Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cinema event in the USA
  • 71 Comments sorted by
  • No it was pre-recorded for us, but just as well. I'm glad we got to watch it with little to no technical issues. It was wonderful, something really spectacular! There were about 25 or so people at the theater i was in. I didn't meet Saizo or Ponygurl but I did get to meet MacDog from the old board (he really does have the Goldfrapp logo on his car!! It's awesome:) ) and his friends who were all so sweet!! I had a fantastic time. Looking forward to doing it in Miami.

Here are a couple photos form the night. We had a lot of fun.
    http://s776.photobucket.com/user/getgarcia/slideshow/TOU at Cinema Paradiso

Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-03-05 10:36:50
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I'm happy that the event went smoothly for you, M--especially after all the trouble you had in NYC.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Speaking of gorgeous, who are all the hot guys in your photos?

*swoon*
  • THEY ARE SOOOO NICE. I can introduce you. Come to Miami:)
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-03-05 10:53:37
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I just received info that it's playing in Toronto later this month. Perhaps, some of the New England folk are close enough to make the trek. I never bothered to check on the Phoenix date. For all I know, it didn't play last night here. I've a number of small trips already planned; so, I didn't go. Besides, music videos don't thrill me that much. Hot, hairy guys, on the other hand, do.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-03-05 12:56:40
  • HorseTearz the tix were $15 @ NoHo
  • Well I got fucked over by work and would have been pretty late. It would have been a 3 1/2 hour drive for me one way, and believe me I debated going despite being late. The one thing stopping me was I would've gotten home close to 1am. If I didn't have to be up by 6am this morn, I would have gone. Oh well, glad you guys had fun at least. It really sucks being an adult. That is all.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Apparently, it's playing again late this month in a number of US cities.
  • Ponygurl, if I'm following this thread correctly, you were to have gone to one of the FL screenings?  If so, just in case you're not aware, Miami is one of the cities with a March 25 and March 27 screening.  
  • OMG WAS SUCH AN AMAZING NIGHT!!!! A_is_A was sooooooOOOoOoO Great meeting yoU! we need to hang out realllly soon!!!!
  • I loved it. I traveled all the way from Long Beach to Westwood. I expected people to be more energetic about it. I did blush when I found out I was the only one dancing in my seat and lipping the entire thing with so much passion.
    I told you how I felt the earth could move.
  • Good for you, oponn5!!  How was the turnout in Westwood?  
  • The theater had this beautiful curtain that looked like mermaid's scales. It was semi transparent and you could the the album cover and a countdown. The walla were painted with buildings and fluorescent colors; but not exaggerating.
    I loved the atmosphere of it all, and seeing Alison... I'd never been to any of their concerts ever, and this was just a taste of what's to come for me.
    I was severely disappointed at people and their lack of passion. I didn't let that stop me from enjoying it. The cinema was moderately packed with people from different ages.
  • i haven't stopped ruminating in a gentle glow since tuesday night.......i am definitely going to the encore in L.A. on the 27th....and can't wait for a formal release.....hoping for bluray but dvd would be fine 

oponn5...yes i love that theater.....

• Stevil... Seeing Laurel in that huge screen made me like the video (I used to hate it). I didn't know there was gonna be an encore. I might go. I just find L. A. a damn nightmare when trying to find parking

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!