Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 896 Comments sorted by
  • It burnt because I was attempting multitasking again , making coffee , playing with my phone and filling the dishwasher . One word - Fail .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ah yes. best avoided
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-20 20:50:47
  • management. or the insinuation that it exists. as a layer or somewhere in the blue sky.

thank god I don't work in a brewery...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Summer Top Tip - Save yourself any tennis anguish by accepting Andy Murray chokes more than Tulisa.
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Stop changing thread titles, please! It's extremely disconcerting--and not in the fun, drug-induced way.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• Today is the longest day of the year in the U.K, effectively the middle of summer.  'Summer'.  :((
  • Had to go on a Breathing Apparatus course (air cylinder on your back job) with the Mines Rescue people , you go on a claustrophic-in-the-dark-on-hands-and-knees Its a Knockout assault course underground , very very enjoyable apart from my knees . Sweet baby Morrissey in McDonalds , my knees .
  • I think this should go on the rant thread.

I was in Camden Town today, I foolishly spent 7 quid I don't really have on a vinyl copy of Bowie's Heroes, I checked the vinyl and wow near mint. If I had only checked the actual sleeve, there were no bar codes in 77, and as far as I am aware RCA have not done a reissue, so great a nice bit of bootlegging. I only realise it's a FAKE when I get home, I suspect it's even been mastered onto vinyl from a CD, though the version of Heroes is only partially in the English language, Bizarre- can anyone shed some light on this all you Bowie fans out there?

Camden is basically bootleg central and always has been. I'm not that pissed off about it, it's my own fault really, but maybe act as warning to others there are a lot of bootlegs in Camden. I bought my very dear friend a Beatles album from Camden for a xmas present, and I knew it was a boot as the guy even had the decency to be honest about it, to get that album with the banned sleeve would cost 1000's, so I knowingly bought an ironic gift.
    I have an aversion to bananas so I should have also known better than to buy something from a stall that had bananas on each box of records. So really if anyone's buying vinyls in Camden market watch out for bootlegs, same with everything else, t-shirts etc, it really is bootleg city and there's a lot of gangsters down there

rant over ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-21 15:08:44
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Camden is basically bootleg central and always has been.

That says it all there.  Want a nice Threadless t-shirt but don't want to actually give your money to Threadless  but are quite happy with a garment made of cotton so thin it verges on see-through?  Camdens your place!

I was in Camden Town today, I foolishly spent 7 quid I don't really have on a vinyl copy of Bowie's Heroes, I checked the vinyl and wow near mint. If I had only checked the actual sleeve, there were no bar codes in 77, and as far as I am aware RCA have not done a reissue, so great a nice bit of bootlegging. I only realise it's a FAKE when I get home, I suspect it's even been mastered onto vinyl from a CD, though the version of Heroes is only partially in the English language, Bizarre- can anyone shed some light on this all you Bowie fans out there?

I'm not a collector myself, but I did used to have the 'Heroes' single in German ('Helden'). I remember the cover had him in 2 leather jackets. There is a French version too, but it's not as effective as Helden.

I'm not a collector myself, but I did used to have the 'Heroes' single in German ('Helden'). I remember the cover had him in 2 leather jackets. There is a French version too, but it's not as effective as Helden.

Yeah, I think it's PARTIALLY in German but don't quote me on it. I'm not really a Bowie collector, but I would sure like to have all the albums, and as many as possible on vinyl. I am on the verge of ressurecting not exactly the Bowie thread, but something in that vein..... ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • softlad said:

Camden is basically bootleg central and always has been.

That says it all there.  Want a nice Threadless t-shirt but don't want to actually give your money to Threadless  but are quite happy with a garment made of cotton so thin it verges on see-through?  Camdens your place!

Yeah, Camden's the place alright. Could be worse I guess, Camden still has a bit of 'edge' for better or for worse. I'm glad the market hasn't yet been totally swallowed up by the usual suspects that dominate the High Street, even if one has to watch out for the bootlegs. There's still a guy there selling bootlegs of concerts, I didn't even bother to have a browse, the presentation was that shabby...
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Who needs to go out on a Friday night?! Haven't chuckled so much in ages! Do you have to be mad to be a Frapper? Is it official? I thought it was just me.....xx
  • KatRobin said:

Who needs to go out on a Friday night?! Haven't chuckled so much in ages! Do you have to be mad to be a Frapper? Is it official? I thought it was just me.....xx

I think it's pretty compulsory yeah ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!