Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Performer As Curator' - Alison curating Manchester exhibition.
  • 132 Comments sorted by
  • ^ Exactly. And Alison herself took a naughty photo at the Bowie V&A exhibition.
  • gah I didnt see the poster. I had gallery fatigue tho. 
    Ping  You did well aviding the photo Nazis at Lowry.
  • We headed up to Manchester last week and visit the exhibition on the Monday. 

Was a bit overwhelmed and got a bit emotional lol and just spent the whole time smiling much to hubbys amusement.  Its just sooooo Alison.  Loved the Wicker Man 'Willows Song' playing on a loop and also the cabinet of personal possessions.  Sat and watched the Annabel video several times and studied each piece of work displayed.  Managed a few sneaky pics but nothing any better than Ping

Bought the poster (which is diddy) and grabbed a handful of postcards and flyers. 

Well worth a visit and I also loved Manchester! First time visit for us.

• Finally got round to getting myself in action and have booked a day off work for Feb 25th to go to see this.

Any other near-Manc lot around to meet up for a wander/view or have you all been/done already?

I know I'm way behind the cool kids this time round :\">
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • If I could meet you there Carpy I would. That would be such a cool thing! Have fun X
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Yeah, enjoy! Wish I could make it too.
  • Thanks both - can't believe it's taken me so long to sort out going.

I'm less than 3 hours by train over the Pennines, after all. I've no real excuse for not heading there sooner!
  • Can you buy the poster for this at all? Sure someone said they did in Manchester
  • Just read a few up, and you can. Sweet!
  • Yes you can. I have one myself.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Saw this on Friday, was very cool, was good to see some influences definitely, and loved the "little book" in the last cabinet from Felt Mountain
  • I'll write-up properly tomorrow (just got in and knackered!) but really, really enjoyed the exhibition. Actually well worth a five hour round trip by train. A few obvious things (the large scale Anna Fox looks lush 'in the flesh') but a lot more artists I'd not heard of and some I'm really going to have to check out.

It's only on until the 2nd so if you're reading this and can pop in there you really should - some of the exhibits are on loan from other galleries and collections so a rare chance to catch it brought together.

BTW It's stupidly easy to get to from Manchester Piccadilly - £3 return on the Metrolink trams. Use the Eccles line and get off at the Harbour City or Media City stops  and you're about a minutes walk away!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!