Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Still umming and ahhing about the Shepherds Bush Vue (not ideal location for me but best so far), given what Tomato23 is saying am a bit anxious  what is going to happen when they  'officially announce' the cinemas, I hope there will be a few more London locations on offer, especially North please!! :o3
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • how on earth do i find out where its playing near me???
  • They haven't announced the cinemas showing it properly yet, it seems like Showcase cinemas have announced their venues early in an attempt to entice people to join their paid membership club but they're not supposed to actually have tickets on sale yet, they're just being naughty. The proper list should be announced later this week/early next week they said.
  • Unsurprisingly, Brighton's arty cinema - the Duke of York's... will be showing it. Says tickets go on general sale on Jan 27th. http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Duke_Of_Yorks/News/item/Goldfrapp_Tales_Of_Us_Live_Via_Satellite/
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-23 04:13:00
  • tomato23 said:

dick1814 said:

Leeds The Light / Vue booked online £11 each with booking fee, they do the large VIP seats so they been booked also, just need to smuggle in the vino now.....looking forward to it, Goldfrapp live 2 times in March....anyone else from round these parts (West Yorkshire) going?

VIP tickets also bought for Leeds.  Can't wait.

Thanks for the heads up, otherwise would have waited for the e-mail saying tickets on-sale!

Most welcome, we have to search ourselves as cannot rely on mailling lists ufortunatley!
  • Given in and bought a VIP ticket for Vue at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol

Being brave and going on my own

:D
  • how on earth do i find out where its playing near me???

Register your details on the site. But i think it might be just for the Goldfrapp newsletter by the looks of it. Could be wrong. I am hopeless on the computer. When i did it it said details of where and tickets would be e-mailed to you.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • The situation (as I see it) is that a formal list of participating cinemas will be released some time in the next week... and people who subscribed on the 'film' page of the Goldfrapp website will get that info as soon as it's available.

In the meantime, plenty of those cinemas have announced on their own websites that they will be showing it. And some of them have actually made tickets available already.

I've followed Una's route and tweeted my local cinema group, asking whether any will be taking part. Nothing to lose...
  • Yeah I just wish they would hurry up and announce the full list, the suspense is too much....

Fair enough for tweeting your local H_J, like you say nothing to lose, I am not on twitter else I would probably do the same
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Oh well, got a reply, but it doesn't confirm/deny: "Hi, I dont think we will show this film but we will find out for sure nearer the time."
  • Heh. Leeds Light is a cinema Ive been to many times w friends there. Wierd but conceptually it feels easier n cheaper to go n see it in Leeds to cough up the shekels and venture south of the river to clapham. Or east to Stratford...
    Hope the picture house chain has an extra mailing soon.
  • Oh well, got a reply, but it doesn't confirm/deny: "Hi, I dont think we will show this film but we will find out for sure nearer the time."

I've taken a leaf out of your book and emailed Vue Customer Service to let them know of demand more local to me, like you said nothing to lose. That's a shame you didn't get a more definite answer but good luck to us all for as local screenings as possible I say! ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Has anyone heard confirmation of any US cities/locations yet?
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I'm with The_Carpathian:
    "At the moment I'd happily take a place with no Atmos over the zero options in this entire area." - actually, make that "entire country". Gawd, I hope it'll be showing in Oslo (it is after all the goddamned capital - that's gotta count for something..)

Well impressed with Holland - five cities, just like that.
    Have tried tweeting relevant film venues here - no replies.
    And that mailing list obviously can't be trusted... 
    Post edited by CaravanGirl at 2014-01-24 12:31:05
  • Gnarggh. Family crap means I won't be able to go to any participating cinema. Woe woe and thrice woe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!