Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • I'm waiting for a more central/north london showing... I come in/out of paddington so anything south of the river is a bit of a mare, certainly when getting home again at night. I don't hold out any hope for it being on in Newbury/Reading!!
  • If it helps anybody here's the VUE Cinemas that seem to be included at this time:

Basingstoke Festival Place
    Bristol Cribbs Causeway
    Exeter
    Leeds The Light
    London - Shepherds Bush
    Plymouth
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Swansea

At the moment, aside from anything they're keeping shtum about,  it looks like not one single north-east location at all - pretty rubbish. Hoping for something like a Manc one but have already booked the 4th and 5th off work so I can travel and stop overnight somewhere if need be.

Good hunting, folks!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Whaaa? it's at Reading Vue? How random! Thanks Carpy! Think I might wait a while to book it, given that the Vue has less than zero atmosphere to it. 
  • Oh, thanks Carps. I could prob make it to the Plymouth VUE and back the same night, and at £9.45 it's cheaper than most, I think.

Weird that none at all are showing up for the north-east (yet).
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-21 04:08:32

• Whaaa? it's at Reading Vue? How random! Thanks Carpy! Think I might wait a while to book it, given that the Vue has less than zero atmosphere to it. 

At the moment I'd happily take a place with no Atmos over the zero options in this entire area.

Considering the indie cinema voted #1 in the whole UK for last year is up here I'm amazed it seems to have been given a miss.

Double sigh and chips.
  • Well it was said that there are 300 cinemas showing it and so far I think we've managed to scramble together a list of 10-20 cinemas... I shouldn't worry just yet.  I'd imagine it'll probably be on all over the country but most haven't released details yet.  Which is why I'm not rushing :) 
    Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-01-21 04:18:18
  • I think showcase cinemas will have it on too, my friend was at the Leicester one a while back and they played a trailer for it
  • Well it was said that there are 300 cinemas showing it and so far I think we've managed to scramble together a list of 10-20 cinemas... I shouldn't worry just yet.  I'd imagine it'll probably be on all over the country but most haven't released details yet.  Which is why I'm not rushing :) 

You're probably right - I'm just in "only one chance to see it so get it done as soon as possible" mode!
  • So is this UK only event?
  • ^
    "The event takes place on 4 March 2014 in cinemas across UK, Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand".
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I live in Poland so I would love to see it here.
  • Happy new year everybody.

So is there a definitive list of cinemas showing this or is it being organised by sandbag?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • ^ the official list comes out later in the week. But a few cinemas have already said they're playing it. There's a link on the main website for the film.
  • I would not have thought we'd be getting this in the US, but now it sounds like there's a good chance we'll get a screening in LA.  Assume it won't be live for us given the time difference.  

Do we know what the concert performance is yet?  Them performing in some studio and being simulcast live to us or maybe it's just footage from the Manchester or NY concerts with the orchestras?  Or perhaps just footage of Will grooming his beard in the middle of a forest as Alison coos at the moon from a nearby tree?  
  • I got the impression it was a live performance following the films.

I see the norwich picture house is screening it but tickets arent available to the public at this time. Members only. Splitters
    Post edited by tweety at 2014-01-21 07:18:33
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!