Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Nothing in London has been announced yet has it?
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Yup. The clapham picture house is showing it, I'll go to that one. Though the other picture house cinemas might as well, but it's not showing on the listings for the Brixton ritzy or Hackney...

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Clapham_Picturehouse/Whats_On/All/Date_4_3_2014/
  • Thanks for that, but I am a North Londoner, how likely is it that other cinemas will show it?
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Ouch as well as not being keen/able to get to South London you need £40 membership to see it at that Clapham Picture House, oh deary me.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Thanks for that, still needs that very pricey membership at this stage, fingers crossed that there will be tickets available to non members and that folks on the board can help others out if need be [-O< :)>-
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I'm sure they'll release tickets to none members soon, I've know clapham picture house for some time and they do another release for these 'special events'
  • The Cameo Cinema in Edinburgh (part of the Picturehouse Group) is showing it. Tickets went on sale today for members and their web site states that the general sale is from Monday 27th January.

I don't fancy paying £30 to become a member so I'm hoping we'll get an e-mail notifying of a pre-general release sale by this weekend. Also hoping that Cameo cinema members don't snap them all up before then.

Incidentally, I wonder if there will be a DVD that will include the films and the live performance. There seems to be a lot of effort going in to the live performance and it would be criminal not to have a permanent record of it.
    Post edited by KeithJ_gmb at 2014-01-20 18:27:14
  • anything on near nottingham/derby???
  • Nothing yet! I'm waiting for Derby/Notts to....
  • Minsku said:

FINLAND FINLAND FINLAND FINLAND

:-SS

Goddamit, we deserve at least one little film, since we never ever get any live concerts here!

there,  there minsku.. i subscribed but 99.9% sure i wont be able to catch the films/live set, where i am...

good idea slippage.. an itunes release will be consolation..

its always an event when a big name comes here... when bjork came, it was a madhouse!   fortunately she came on a weekend!!

Slippage said:

Perhaps we shall be lucky and get the film here in Ottawa? Still holding out hope that they'll come for Ottawa Bluesfest this summer but the film certainly is a treat, and if it gets released on dvd/itunes I'll grab it for sure!

We had Bjork last year and the place EXPLODED with excitement. Goldfrapp would do similarly well!

• I'm waiting for a more central/north london showing... I come in/out of paddington so anything south of the river is a bit of a mare, certainly when getting home again at night. I don't hold out any hope for it being on in Newbury/Reading!!
  • If it helps anybody here's the VUE Cinemas that seem to be included at this time:

Basingstoke Festival Place
    Bristol Cribbs Causeway
    Exeter
    Leeds The Light
    London - Shepherds Bush
    Plymouth
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Swansea

At the moment, aside from anything they're keeping shtum about,  it looks like not one single north-east location at all - pretty rubbish. Hoping for something like a Manc one but have already booked the 4th and 5th off work so I can travel and stop overnight somewhere if need be.

Good hunting, folks!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Whaaa? it's at Reading Vue? How random! Thanks Carpy! Think I might wait a while to book it, given that the Vue has less than zero atmosphere to it. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!