Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Anna Calvi
  • 483 Comments sorted by
  • More Anna Q and A here

Two things - first, Q and A are far more interesting than interviews with her, and second, from the answers I swear she's scarcely even bothering with the glass closet anymore.

All good
  • Very interesting read that. Anna is great.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • There were other Q and A in December as well, and those were a really good read too.

I hope she keeps up the tumblr postings, cos it really suits her  - like Alison took to twitter/instagram.

Now, if only I could think of a semi-intelligent question to ask her ...

• So... is Anna a girl's girl?? Bummer :-(
  • Laura said:

If I may.. Anna is of the.. Umm... Girl appreciation legue herself. As am I. But this is about The fact she is an incredibly talented musician right here.... Totally that.

I refer you to the answer given by the Honourable Member Laura on the first page of this thread ...

It's one reason us girls here are all so over-excited

We just appreciate her for her incredible musical talents. Nothing to do with the see-through blouses AT ALL.
  • Haha, sorry for the rather crass query/comment X( :)  I hadn't seen Laura's post, although I kinda had an idea of Anna's (assumed) "bedroom preference" from stuff I read elsewhere.

Yes, the music is v good and it's a nice bit of luck that she happens to be quite photogenic! :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-15 13:52:28
  • Aw I wasn't cross ... <virtual hug> ... and didn't think you were crass <second virtual hug>

It does help she's particularly photogenic - although that never made bad music sound good! (thinks back to teen years: it just made it look better)

Are you going to any of her gigs this tour?
  • I was thinking about the Brighton/Hove one. But.. I'll be going there end-of-March for the Frapp gig and can't really justify *two* treks to the south-east. What date is Anna's Brighton one again?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-01-15 15:14:09
  • It's February 11th which is a Tuesday - not good if you have to travel long distances or work the next day.

If only it was the same weekend as Goldfrapp. I think somebody should have a word.
  • Haha, THAT would be quite a weekend!

Although this current job im doing is fairly hard-core with hours and travel, I do get a Tuesday or a Wednesday as my day off every week so thank goodness I wont have to miss it / pull a sicky / get cover...

• I was thinking about the Brighton/Hove one. But.. I'll be going there end-of-March for the Frapp gig and can't really justify *two* treks to the south-east. What date is Anna's Brighton one again?

H J you could always take an away day to Birmingham. We could have a mini meet with HB
  • Hello -

me no understand quoting twitter but -

News of my first ever 'solo' show next week. Anna x

It's probably a wizard wheeze to have a mini-gig with her and guitar somewhere, but I gotta admit my first thought was - Good lord, have the rest of the band walked too??!!???

• ETA - unless it's her own art?
  • Anna Calvi tickets arrived today hooray. Roll on 10th Feb show. Getting excited.
  • Not long to wait now. I did not get sorted with them. I am accepting the only one i am going is Frapp at the Lowry and i have had to make special arrangements for that. Normally i am not bothered about driving. When i have to miss events through relying on public transport.Then i wish i did drive. Although the Anna one was more about the card payer having to be present at the concert that has messed it up for me.
    Post edited by cw37frapp at 2014-01-21 13:15:46
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!